Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #1  

PineRidge

Tractor
TC-40D SS New Holland
In the past we have always used a string-trimmer to cut/trim around the pond and that痴 getting really old (me too) Could buy a sickle bar mower but those are another hassle altogether. I have a snowplow that I modified years back that uses a QA to the front of our New Holland TC40D SS. I pull off the plow frame in the summer (2 bolts) and attached a receiver to move the bass boat and 4x8 foot utility trailer on the property.

So the game-plan is this; Mount a 2肺2 square tube to the snow plow frame that I can slide a piece of 1-3/4 x 1-3/4 square tube into. Hinge the assembly to use a hydraulic cylinder and suspend a 40volt mower via chains that I have but never use to do the cutting.

I had steel cut a week ago and spent a couple of hours yesterday welding things together. I値l get some pictures posted later today

BTW; Haven稚 posted here in a while, between my wife痴 daycare 50+ children and expanding, my HVAC business, and lastly a distillery business spare time is practically nonexistent. But hey that痴 what keeps us young.

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #2  
Use Dow Rodeo Aquatic Herbicide. It is a glyphosate solution designed for around aquatic environments.

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #3  
Use Dow Rodeo Aquatic Herbicide. It is a glyphosate solution designed for around aquatic environments.
I use Shoreclear from Tractor Supply, haven't cut around my pond in years. Small 15 gal sprayer on back of UTV.

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #4  
I never get my tractor anywhere near my lake. Then again - you probably don't have 30 to 40 foot high cliffs that drop straight into the water. Water depth at the water/cliff interface - 15 to 25 feet deep.

View attachment 618108

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #5  
I like having grass right down to the water, so I wouldn't want to spray the shoreline. In some areas I have to use the string trimmer and in others I just do the 'back the bush hog' method.

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond
This is the snow plow bracket that doubles as a receiver. I tacked a 2”x2”x 3/16” square tube on the top.

2CD572C6-EC51-4FEA-8C8F-2C53D9F9B588.jpeg

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #8  
All those kids drive you to drinking?

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #9  

Redbug, where do you by Dow Rodeo Aquatic Herbicide in the Columbia area?

/ Tired of mowing around our 1/3 acre pond #10