Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D

/ Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D #1  

homey53

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota RTV 900, 2016 Kubota BX25 DBL
I bought a used 2016 BX25D last year that had 200 hrs on it. I have put on just over 100 hrs on it since I've owned it, for a total of slightly over 300 on the meter. It has the R4 Industrial Tires, all the way around. For no other reason than appearance, I was thinking of going to Turf Tires. My question is, Can I do it in steps? Can I do the fronts first, in Turf, and run them with the R4s on the back for awhile? I'm just thinking of trying to make it easier financially, instead of laying it all out in one sum. I haven't even priced them, so maybe it isn't a huge amount anyway? But if I have to do it in 2 purchases, is it safe to mix treads, front & back? Also, if anyone has info on the cost, I'd like to hear that, too.

Thanks,
Tom

/ Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D #2  
Why not just buy the fronts or the rears, and hold on and wait until you can afford the other two tires?

/ Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D
Good point. Yes, I could do that. One of my front ones, though, the right, is a chronic leaker, and it's been to the shop a few times, and though they say it's cured, it goes soft over a month's time. But you're right. I could put up with it for awhile longer, and put the new ones all on at one time.

/ Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D #4  
I would not mix tread pattern unless you never use 4x4. It could break things in the drive line, at min put a lot of stress on the front gear set. If you do go to Turf, I highly suggest Multitrack and I MUCH prefer 8 ply tires, a bit more money but last a lot longer and don't puncture on everything like 2 or 4 ply do. I'm cheap and broke but the bargain lawn tires don't last if you use the loader a lot. The 8 ply will let you run 30+ psi in the front and make much better when loading it down. The R4 are a lot heavier construction and wear better than turfs on hard rocky ground. I've been on turfs for 20+ years and 4500 hours on my BX. It has been beat but still goes to work every day.

/ Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D #5  
I know it's been a little while,but a few years ago you could buy a set of tires and rims for a BX for about $400.
See the dealers salesman-Whole Goods.
Good Luck!

Why not just buy the fronts or the rears, and hold on and wait until you can afford the other two tires?
Thanks for your reply

I would not mix tread pattern unless you never use 4x4. It could break things in the drive line, at min put a lot of stress on the front gear set. If you do go to Turf, I highly suggest Multitrack and I MUCH prefer 8 ply tires, a bit more money but last a lot longer and don't puncture on everything like 2 or 4 ply do. I'm cheap and broke but the bargain lawn tires don't last if you use the loader a lot. The 8 ply will let you run 30+ psi in the front and make much better when loading it down. The R4 are a lot heavier construction and wear better than turfs on hard rocky ground. I've been on turfs for 20+ years and 4500 hours on my BX. It has been beat but still goes to work every day.
Thanks. I got a kick outa " I'm cheap and broke". Ain't we all.

I know it's been a little while,but a few years ago you could buy a set of tires and rims for a BX for about $400.
See the dealers salesman-Whole Goods.
Good Luck!
Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know if I get a price.

/ Tires for 2016 Kubota BX25D #9  
Not sure about BX models,but most tractors require new rims when changing tire types.
Good Luck!

Not sure about BX models,but most tractors require new rims when changing tire types.
Good Luck!
Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. If that's the case, I probably will stay with the R4s