Tires for 7K car hauler

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #1  

RickB

Super Star Member
Tractor
Just a Scag
I'm looking for brand recommendations for replacement tires for my 7K trailer. Load Range C or D. Low mileage requirements but will be making long trips when it is being used. Not overloaded.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #2  
Rick,
When my 7K trailer needed tires I also replaced the rims because they were quite rusty being outside all of its life. I bought simple cheap white spoke rims online.
For tires I upgraded from load range C bias ply to load range D radials and bought them from Etrailer.com. I have my own tire machine and balancer so it wasn't a big deal for me to mount them.
Radial tires gave a much smoother ride towing than the bias ply. I don't know the brand since I've sold and upgraded to a 14K trailer but it was what they sold at the time.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler
Thanks. I don't need rims. I'm looking for specific tire brand recommendations based on actual experience. It seems that 100% of ST tires are made offshore and I know there are a lot of junk tires in that category. Looking to avoid a bad experience if possible.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #4  
Greenball Load Range D Radials would be my first choice. Maxxis also makes a good tire.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #5  
I bought 4 Maxxis tires for replacements on my 14,000lbs 2 axle PJ trailer about 2 years ago.Been very happy so far.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #6  
I've been happy with the load range D bias ply DURO's on mine, very inexpensive and have been holding up well for the last 7 or so years of regular use. Ride very well for bias, good tread longevity and no signs of dry rot.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #7  
I went with Greenball Towmaster radials (smaller tire, LR C, older travel trailer) based on discussions with Chris and have been very happy with them. Towards the end of this thread below, I list the place I got them from - free Shipping in the USA when I ordered.

I tow a couple of times a season here, 2-3+ hours one way. I've been happy with them. Note the discussion on pressure in the thread, I tend to stay very close to max cold pressure.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/trailers-transportation/229438-decent-non-china-trailer-tires.html

Rgds, D.

(No direct experience, but I've never heard bad things about Maxxis).

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #8  
I'd go with Maxxis load range E. They will only be a few bucks more than load range D.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #9  
We have started skipping the "trailer" rated tires. They are so low end they aren't even rated to carry persons. We have stepped up to the Michelin D or E truck tires. Once we did that the failures and carcass rot stopped.

/ Tires for 7K car hauler #10  
We have started skipping the "trailer" rated tires. They are so low end they aren't even rated to carry persons. We have stepped up to the Michelin D or E truck tires. Once we did that the failures and carcass rot stopped.

Are you able to find them for a 15'' rim (225/75r15)?