Titan hyd drive flail mower on my 1430

/ Titan hyd drive flail mower on my 1430 #1  

m5040

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6040 L2250, JohnDeere 310D, Ford 841 Elenco, Ford 961, Trapmaster, PT180 w/LM bucket and 45" brush cutter, PT1430 Deutz w/grapple bucket, Antonio Carraro Tigrecar 6500. John Deere 5300. Former owned Steiner 430 max, Goldoni REV Maxter 7
I posted a pic on a different tread but it might be better to have a dedicated one. Anyway I like using flail mowers for light brush clearing because of the way they operate with the blades being in closer relation to the roller preventing contact with foreign objects (rocks).

The minimum flow requirement for the hyd motor was more then the PT could supply (by 1 GPM) but I tried it anyway and it works well for my purpose of brush cutting even at part throttle. The Titans have massive cast fails that don't cut grass very well, or maybe I don't spin them fast enough. But they do well cutting brush and small trees. I only have about an hours use, so still new to me and probably will stay that way until springtime.

Interesting is that to check the oil in the gearbox, you need to take off the drive adapter and hyd motor assembly. I found the gearbox input shaft to be the standard 1 3/8"-6 spline tractor PTO shaft. So it is a converted tractor shaft driven mower with a skid steer plate added. But its cheap and for brush work I don't think you can beat it.

Attachments

• flail 2.jpeg
    flail 2.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 134
  • flail.jpeg
    flail.jpeg
    311.1 KB · Views: 135
   / Titan hyd drive flail mower on my 1430 #2  
Is there a lovejoy inside that red adapter, or is it all solid linkage? Just curious.

/ Titan hyd drive flail mower on my 1430
It is solid coupler from the 1 3/8- 6 to something around 1" keyed.