TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,881  
I was successful in the ND deer hunt draw this year. I got my notice via email this week. I told myself before putting in, that if I got drawn, I would take one of my Contender handguns, either my 12" 35 Rem, or my 14" 30-30. So I guess I need to start practicing with those soon. It's been a long time since I hunted big game with a handgun, and I need to get out there. I had far more ammo made up for the 35 Rem than I remembered (my handloads), and far fewer rounds made up for the 30-30. I have a bunch of components for the 30-30 sitting on the shelf, but almost no components on the shelf for the 35 Rem.

Both are scoped, so that won't be an issue. And the 35 Rem was almost as accurate (about 1" to 1 1/2" at 100) as the 30-30 (sub-moa), so either are plenty suitable for the task. The 35 Rem always showed a strong preference for the 200 gr round nose, and in the 30-30 it was always the 150 gr (either Ballistic Tip or Sierra GK). Since none of our deer are armor plated here in ND, either round with either bullet are plenty for deer.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,883  
Anyone have thoughts on Faxon 300 Blk barrel, 16", for Ar15? I've heard ok to good things about Faxon, but never specifically in 300 Blk. It's specifically the "Gunner Profile" with Carbine gas.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,884  
Brownells has had 231 in stock for several days now, forgot to post it up until now. Price is ruff but TAG will get you $15 off or they have a $55 off $550 coupon going too.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,885  
Anyone purchased a suppressor through Silencer Shop Kiosk recently? I ordered a Dead air mask and tax stamp through LGS SS kiosk three weeks ago. I wasn’t too impressed with communication with Silencer Shop, several contradictory emails. I got the email yesterday to finalize eform so now the wait begins, gun shop says don’t expect it to be the 90 days ATF is advertising more like 120.

Mike

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,886  
Anyone purchased a suppressor through Silencer Shop Kiosk recently? I ordered a Dead air mask and tax stamp through LGS SS kiosk three weeks ago. I wasn’t too impressed with communication with Silencer Shop, several contradictory emails. I got the email yesterday to finalize eform so now the wait begins, gun shop says don’t expect it to be the 90 days ATF is advertising more like 120.

Mike
A 120 day turnaround is a lot better then the 8-9 months wait I had...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,887  
A 120 day turnaround is a lot better then the 8-9 months wait I had...
I agree Roy, my last one took 7 months and at the time I was pretty happy with that turn around. I’ll update on how long this one takes.

Mike

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,888  
I agree Roy, my last one took 7 months and at the time I was pretty happy with that turn around. I’ll update on how long this one takes.

Mike
My buddy came over to run his the weekend it came in a couple of weeks ago. He would have loved it if it would have only taken 7 months LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,889  
Today I took a trip to a somewhat local shop... they had things in inventory and I spent too much but got decent deals...

Ended up with a S&W M&P .22 Compact in green with threaded barrel and a Kel-Tec Sub2000 in .40 S&W that takes glock 17/22 mags... unfortunately it's not the version with an interchangeable mag latch to take different mags since I have an M&P .40...

Shot both, both are neat, wish the trigger on the pistol was lighter and shorter but we'll see if I can look into that...

Having a pistol caliber carbine might be silly but doesn't sound like a bad idea, it's tiny when folded so could be nice at times, at least I didn't have to add a caliber for either... They had a CMR 30 too, shouldn't have bought as much as I did so I couldn't justify that... probably should have got the CMR instead of the SUB2000 but whatever...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,890  
Today I took a trip to a somewhat local shop... they had things in inventory and I spent too much but got decent deals...

Ended up with a S&W M&P .22 Compact in green with threaded barrel and a Kel-Tec Sub2000 in .40 S&W that takes glock 17/22 mags... unfortunately it's not the version with an interchangeable mag latch to take different mags since I have an M&P .40...

Shot both, both are neat, wish the trigger on the pistol was lighter and shorter but we'll see if I can look into that...

Having a pistol caliber carbine might be silly but doesn't sound like a bad idea, it's tiny when folded so could be nice at times, at least I didn't have to add a caliber for either... They had a CMR 30 too, shouldn't have bought as much as I did so I couldn't justify that... probably should have got the CMR instead of the SUB2000 but whatever...
It is nice to go into gun shops these days and actually see full display cases, along with ammo.

Mike