TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,891  
Now we need ur turkey recipes!
Out of all the hunting I do, spring turkey is my favorite. Every single hunt is so different. Sometimes the bird charges straight in in just a matter of minutes, other times they might hang up just out of range or they take their sweet time, feeling like hours to get them to commit. There's so much at play to make it successful, location, concealment, calling and patience. It seems like the slightest mistake can screw it all up.

The one thing about wild turkeys, is they're awfully lean. They're not like the butterball you get at the store for Thanksgiving. I skin them, instead of pulling the feathers because I don't really have a pot big enough to scald them and I find dry plucking to be such a pain in the butt.

I've always had good luck brining chicken and turkeys. It makes them retain more moisture during cooking. That's how I do our Thanksgiving turkey. I brine and spatchcock it, cooking it on a ceramic grill. It only takes a few hours to cook.

I'll just brine the wild turkey parts, season with a rub and grill. Nothing special.

Here's a photo of the Thanksgiving turkey. It makes a really nice presentation before you carve it up.
Grilled Turkey.jpg

Grilled Turkey.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,892  
Out of all the hunting I do, spring turkey is my favorite. Every single hunt is so different. Sometimes the bird charges straight in in just a matter of minutes, other times they might hang up just out of range or they take their sweet time, feeling like hours to get them to commit. There's so much at play to make it successful, location, concealment, calling and patience. It seems like the slightest mistake can screw it all up.

The one thing about wild turkeys, is they're awfully lean. They're not like the butterball you get at the store for Thanksgiving. I skin them, instead of pulling the feathers because I don't really have a pot big enough to scald them and I find dry plucking to be such a pain in the butt.

I've always had good luck brining chicken and turkeys. It makes them retain more moisture during cooking. That's how I do our Thanksgiving turkey. I brine and spatchcock it, cooking it on a ceramic grill. It only takes a few hours to cook.

I'll just brine the wild turkey parts, season with a rub and grill. Nothing special.

Here's a photo of the Thanksgiving turkey. It makes a really nice presentation before you carve it up.
View attachment 794272

View attachment 794272
Pretty much word for word the same as I do a turkey. Looks great!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,893  
Today I fondled a Rossi 92 357mag, 24" ocotgon barrel, for $849. SS metal, nice wood. If it was a 20" I probably would have laid some money down. He also had 2 Rossi 92s in 44mag, with 18 or maybe 20" barrels; 1 used for like $649, and 1 new for around $750. He also had a Marlin lever gun in 375 Marlin.

The 24" octagon barrel was pretty heavy for what I would want, and the octagon barrel would make threading more expensive.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,894  
Picked up a sig p320 /m17 last week. Over the weekend I actually got around to putting my ar pistol together and I couldn't pass up on a sig p320compact I seen on gunbroker.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,895  
20230415_150400.jpg

Slowly building my sig collection

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,897  
Do you have a Sig P230? Probably one of the best concealed carry pistols ever made. Shame they quit making them. The stainless versions sell for about $1K used.
A nice .380 would be nice for summer carry. Gonna have to keep my eyes out for one

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,898  
20230416_121630.jpg

Built this last week with basically spare parts
Had to buy a few things.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,899  
As long as you keep this ATF out of your hair you have nice CQB piece.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,900  
As long as you keep this ATF out of your hair you have nice CQB piece.
I'll worry about that later, depending on the courts. I also have a standard buffer tube.