TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,921  
Looks like primer tubes, found in a forgotten box of reloading odds and ends.

Anyone recognize what they are for? They don't belong to anything I have now, and I don't remember ever using them.

primertubesmaybe.jpg

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,922  
Not sure, but those look like Lyman or Redding style press priming tubes.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,923  
Ordered a flash can from KAK industry. Gonna go on one of my 450's. Even with muffs on that thing is brutal in an elevated blind. If it helps a tiny bit, it's a start.

I should just bite the bullet and get into the suppressor game, but what a PIA asking permission

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,924  
I read some where that its only taking a few months to clear the E-forms now.

Submission TypeWait RangeMedian Wait

eForm 4 - TRUST:​
1 Day through 134 Days
110 Days​
eForm 4 - INDIVIDUAL:​
1 Day through 133 Days
3 Days​
eForm 4 - CORPORATE:​
N/A​
N/A​
Paper Form 4:​
N/A​
N/A​

eForm 3:​
10 Hours through 4 Days
22 Hours​

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,925  
Anyone recognize what they are for? They don't belong to anything I have now, and I don't remember ever using them.

primertubesmaybe.jpg

Those are primer tubes for a Lyman reloader, I had them on my Lyman Turret press until the cast piece that holds them in place broke. Never could find a replacement part, I liked how easy and quick I could prime the cases with them.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,926  
I had a Lyman small turret press, and a single stage Lyman press maybe 30 years ago. I always preferred priming with a hand tool, so they are maybe left over from one of them.

Thanks for the ID.

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,927  
I still do most everything with a Lee Challenger press (bench space lol) and prefer Lee's 'Ram Prime' on it. Slow work, but typically 5 rds each with varying seating depths or charges means 20rds is often a session with a caliber. I often find a 'hunting' load (1 1/2" at 100 yd) among a first workup with the usual case prep and diligence.

Then, my trigger pull scale (RCBS, spring-type) on that press typically shows 6-8 lbs on the handle when seating primers, as if calibrated or mated to do so. It becomes a way to recognize loose pri-pockets.

btw, I'd say don't ask me why I swage LC 5.56 brass vs chamfer (aack) pockets to remove a 'factory' primer crimp. You surely may but I bet you won't. :)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #12,928  
Got some trigger time in this weekend, took the .17HMR and the 6.5Creedmore to the range, just to make sure they're still "On" and work the same way when I zeroed them. Pistol ranges were full but there was only one other guy on the rifle range with me.

No pictures, but they performed as expected. Bring on varmint season!