TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #561  
As I suspected, a Heritage Arms Rough Rider 22LR/22mag ended up under our Christmas tree with my name on it...

Longer barrel (6.5"), and wood grips... Now I need a box of bird shot and a holster!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #562  
Pretty good holster fits for 6.5" RR are Uncle Mike's Sidekick #14, a bit better #9, and my pick 'Hunter' #1100 27. All work well with my RR's adjustable sights, btw. The three also fit the .45/.410 Super-Comanche, and Taurus 941 very well. These are serendipitous pairings that worked and quite satisfactorily for me, but there may be better options.

btw, CCI and Armscor ammo preferred in all my .LR & Mag RFs. Expect RF shot patterns to go a bit conical at extremes of range (ft not yds) like the rifled .45/.410s do. 'CB Long' and recent similar 'mild' .22 LRs are excellent for close order varminting with noise and/or ricochet concerns.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
Uh oh... unless someone is holding out... this will be my first Christmas in a quite a while without receiving some sort of gift associated with guns. Did get a plasma cutter so maybe that counts?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #564  
Saw a Colt Python snubby for $4695.
Makes me wish I had done without a steak dinner or two back in the 70's and bought every one I could find when you could get those for under $500.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #565  
Uh oh... unless someone is holding out... this will be my first Christmas in a quite a while without receiving some sort of gift associated with guns. Did get a plasma cutter so maybe that counts?
I bought myself a Ruger 10/22 with scope and sling for Christmas. I didn't tell the wife I bought another gun though. I just barely squeezed it into my gun safe. I guess I should have bought a bigger safe AND build a bigger place for it when I built my house.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #566  
Makes me wish I had done without a steak dinner or two back in the 70's and bought every one I could find when you could get those for under $500.

I still see a Python occasionally in the $1,800-2,500 range.

Im wishing the same as you; that I had bought several. Like some other things it was on my 'to do' list but I never did it.

TBS

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #567  
I've owned several of them, they weren't worth their retail price back then! NOT when you could get S&W pre-mod-27's for what they cost then.

Old mod 27's were/are a much smoother, stronger revolver and in my hands, more accurate too.

Anyway, I sent all the Pythons down the road long ago, I still have the old 27's though.
orig.gif

SR

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #568  

Well, it does have a trigger and a gun shaped thingy.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #569  
I've owned several of them, they weren't worth their retail price back then! NOT when you could get S&W pre-mod-27's for what they cost then.

Old mod 27's were/are a much smoother, stronger revolver and in my hands, more accurate too.

Anyway, I sent all the Pythons down the road long ago, I still have the old 27's though.
orig.gif

SR

I was always partial to Smith's which is why I never bought the Python. I had a Model 27 but my preferred was a Model 19. I have a Model 66 and a Model 60. Also bought a Model 39 back then. Still love that gun. Still wish I had bought the Python though. But a 4 inch barrel, not a stubby.

TBS

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #570  
I like 19's too, I have one in 357mag., and another in 44spl.. "K" frames are my favorites!

BTW, I also have one in 25/20 Winchester...

SR