TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,302  
I rarely back pack any of the trails near towns anymore. There’s been more than a few locals convicted of assault or murder who hit the trail from a nearby town and victimize helpless back packers.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,303  
LoL...what do you expect...it's the main plot outline for 2/3 of most scary movies, TV shows and mini series along with a bunch of pulp fiction stories and novels...!
True.
What do I “expect”?
I guess I would be able to “expect” to go on a back packing trip without a scene from “Deliverance” breaking out lol.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,304  
Sig, SBH = RBH & mine with with 7" barrel(s). I have one in .44 Mag and a .357 'combo' with 9mm cylinder.

btw, for hunting my deer blind it would be hard to beat the .44 Mag as a long shot would be all of 5-7 yds.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,305  
True.
What do I “expect”?
I guess I would be able to “expect” to go on a back packing trip without a scene from “Deliverance” breaking out lol.
:ROFLMAO: :geek: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Scary movies are designed to scare city people, because they are the audience. They set them in the country because that's an unfamiliar location that makes them uneasy to start. Who knows what is lurking in those trees? In my personal life, they only time I concealed carry is when I go to town, because those freaking townies are crazy.

We have a bear in the back yard, but it is shy and just wants to be left alone. This is as close as I have ever gotten to it.
scat.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,307  
:ROFLMAO: :geek: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: Scary movies are designed to scare city people, because they are the audience. They set them in the country because that's an unfamiliar location that makes them uneasy to start. Who knows what is lurking in those trees? In my personal life, they only time I concealed carry is when I go to town, because those freaking townies are crazy.

We have a bear in the back yard, but it is shy and just wants to be left alone. This is as close as I have ever gotten to it.
View attachment 696995
Just don't put out any day old jelly doughnuts..... They seem to like the berry filled ones.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,308  
Rainy day right now, but I do need to hit my range (field below the house) to get some rounds through the Kahrs (CW380 and CW9).
Both have been accurate and reliable, but I haven't carried the .380 since last summer

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,309  
Evil that lurks in the hearts of men knows no boundaries.

I hiked over 2k miles on the AT without a gun (since 1974, only 9 people have been killed on the AT, 4 of those before I hiked it), and never had an issue with people. I also worked in DC for a year, never carried, no issue.

Look up serial killers in the US. The odds of becoming a victim I'm guessing are greater when you live in a suburban / city area.

That said, lived in a trailer in WV, and knew some places that would scare the living crap out of you due to the surroundings, but the people were nice (as long as you were nice).

Point being, go to the country or city, and you have great people or you can end up with bad people to deal with.

Now, as I've gotten older, I have no qualms carrying a gun LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,310  
Rainy day right now, but I do need to hit my range (field below the house) to get some rounds through the Kahrs (CW380 and CW9).
Both have been accurate and reliable, but I haven't carried the .380 since last summer
Since my dad has kept the basement (where my guns are located at) at a higher indoor temp to keep his old bones warm (even when it's 80 degrees out today), I need to lather everything in mobile 1 after I clean them LOL