TODAY'S GUN TIME

Hay Dude

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson & Kubota
I don't own anything under .45 other than m y 2 Ruger / Volquartsen match target semi auto's but they are for 50 foot indoor match. I consider .380 and 9's as lady guns or limp wrist firearms. Even my derringer is a 45LC. I prefer shooting a 44 or 500 Smith or my 45 Kimber. They all recoil and I like recoil.
Large calibers? That's anything over 22, isn't it?

My last new rifle was a 17 Hornet. :)

Bruce
You ain’t a REAL MAN Bruce. Lol .17/.22 Hornet is a nice little round for ’chucks.

Last edited:

the old grind

Elite Member
Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
IMO both .17 HMR and .17 Hornet should have been .20 caliber. Past experience with .17HMR not penetrating fur on a quartering shots with 17g V-Max. CCI's .17 HMR 20g Game Point sets the bar for critters > 10lb.

paulsharvey

Platinum Member
Tractor
L285
So, last night, I tried some .223 Rem with 50gr Hornady VMax over medium-hot IMR8208XBR. At 26.5 grs I had 1.3" 5 shot group, other charges seemed to be between 1.9-2.5" at 100 yards. Not really a bullet I have a use case for, and is 90% just a matter of trying a combo for fun.

Its still OK to shoot for fun, right?

Wakey

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere Z915B Zero Turn 54 Deck
People are cranky today but it is Monday I guess. As for our bragger, ignore him knowing a big talker makes a good liar.

Hay Dude

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson & Kubota
So, last night, I tried some .223 Rem with 50gr Hornady VMax over medium-hot IMR8208XBR. At 26.5 grs I had 1.3" 5 shot group, other charges seemed to be between 1.9-2.5" at 100 yards. Not really a bullet I have a use case for, and is 90% just a matter of trying a combo for fun.

Its still OK to shoot for fun, right?
Geez I hope so. Fun seems to be disappearing faster than sense of humor and religion round these parts.

gsganzer

Veteran Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
I'm fairly recoil tolerant with rifles and regularly shoot a .300 WM and .375 H&H. I have a couple of buddies that have some real nice double rifles in .470 and .475 Nitro Express, one also has a .505 Gibbs bolt rifle. You better have your shoulder on it and a firm grip, especially if the scope is on it or you'll have blood running down your face. But for most of my hunting in TX, I've taken to enjoying a .260 Rem with a suppressor. It's about as loud as a .22WMR, with almost no recoil so you can make fast follow ups, and is perfect for deer and hogs.

For handguns I have a couple of 10mm that can have some zip, especially if you shoot anything like the original Norma loads of 200 gr @1200 FPS.

coobie

Tractor
Kubota RTV 1100c, JD 740,Kioti DK 40 with KL401 loader .
I'm fairly recoil tolerant with rifles and regularly shoot a .300 WM and .375 H&H. I have a couple of buddies that have some real nice double rifles in .470 and .475 Nitro Express, one also has a .505 Gibbs bolt rifle. You better have your shoulder on it and a firm grip, especially if the scope is on it or you'll have blood running down your face. But for most of my hunting in TX, I've taken to enjoying a .260 Rem with a suppressor. It's about as loud as a .22WMR, with almost no recoil so you can make fast follow ups, and is perfect for deer and hogs.

For handguns I have a couple of 10mm that can have some zip, especially if you shoot anything like the original Norma loads of 200 gr @1200 FPS.
My older marlin lever rifle 45-70 Gov round is about as much as I want recoil wise, ;)

Hay Dude

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson & Kubota
Lake placid, around 1999, holloween party, I was a knockout wearing high heals, pantyhose with a mini skirt (with killer legs mind you), blonde wig with luscious red lipstick. The black beard (no grey back then) kind of stuck out like a sore thumb though.

Point being, I'm a girly man to AND I carry a 9 as a primary now ;) :ROFLMAO:
Hey man, I got no problem if someone wants to be a cross dresser or carry a limp wristed 9mm girly gun. 😄We all need to become more accepting of different lifestyles!
Definitely more exciting than hunting deer with a 12 gauge shotgun. :(