TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,431  
You made me look.

At the end of the day, when you think about it, only a government agency could be so stupid. You would think someone would of been terminated over it for wasting so much money...

Just buy a .45ACP and be done with it when you're keeping it subsonic for the sound signature. I'm an idiot and I could even tell you that.

Seems like the only application was for idiots using taxpayers money 🤣
Aren't many options out there if you want a repeating firearm that doesn't leave brass laying around you might not want laying around.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,432  
Aren't many options out there if you want a repeating firearm that doesn't leave brass laying around you might not want laying around.
6 rounds pushing a bullet subsonic speed you have more worries than leaving brass laying around if getting out undetected is your key objective IMO

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,433  
If a .010" feeler gauge is putting up with the cutting better than the frame of the revolver I have other questions...
Think of a sacrificial component that can be replaced if it burns through with extended use, hot loads, etc. Never had difficulty fitting one between the cyl and top strap.

Could have used a thicker piece, but haven't had to replace one yet. Easy to remove for resale and may belie the amount or intensity of past use. That said, I'm with 5030 and don't buy a gun w/o a bore/chamber/throat inspection. Got my Hawkeye (17" Slim Focusing Kit) long enough ago that it came with a hard case, so it's easy to tote to shops and shows.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,434  
I grew up on the coast (East), and hunted ducks & geese in the salt marshes for years.
I had a Browning A-5 lightweight initially, and later a standard weight 3" Browning A-5.
I just gave that 3" gun to another grandson, and it was still in excellent condition (many salt marsh days, but cleaned/oiled each time).

The Benelli Ethos Sport will apparently be used for clays, and upland game.
The poor guy will likely be heartbroken when it gets a scratch though.
I know his grandpa would be!
I have the Savage model of the A5... bought it at a pawn shop 10 years ago while looking for a cheap shotgun to cut down for home defense. When I got the gun home I quickly realized it probably had never been fired much, if at all. The serial # puts it late 1930's to 1940; I figure some guy bought it before the war and it went into a closet for the next 70 years. It's now one of my favorites, and I left it full length.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,435  
My 686P. Probably my favorite as well...
Well... just for you.

Attachments

• 20200327_160617_resized (1).jpg
    20200327_160617_resized (1).jpg
    762.5 KB · Views: 183

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,436  
ETA
had to go to the google box but of the 9/40/45 common pistol rounds the 40 has the highest chamber pressures at about 30k CUP, traditional .44 Rem pressures were about 43k CUP. Probably why a suppressor manufacturer wouldn't want you shooting it through a pistol can.
If being quiet is your goal, not certain why you would look at magnum calibers in pistol length barrels to begin with.

That said, if I wanted to, I could easily put one of my rifle cans on threaded .44 mag lever and shoot it along with my .45-70 (needless to say, the hole in the can will handle the circumference of the bullet LOL) . Need to check barrel lengths, but again, if shooting a magnum supersonic round, not certain why you'd pick a handgun to run it suppressed.

That was my whole point about about the "natural" .45acp shooting supressed, and why I wished someone made a decent Pistol Caliber Carbine for the round.

Other point is with a sealed can, build it strong enough, and you could probably use it on anything.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,437  
Like the Browning A-5! That was the "humpback", right?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,439  
Locally, in N FL, its not great, but you see an OK amount of 22lr, 6.5Cr, 7.62x39, and 12 ga sitting on selves. They get a limited, but steady stream of 223 and 9mm everyday, at Academy, Bass Pro, and Rural King, but it doesnt last more then a hour. At Bass Pro and Academy there has been some weird ammo, like 270WSM, and stuff like that. Couple times I've seen 7.62x51 FMJs, and really limited 30-06/270 hunting ammo.

It's still 2 box limit, so, 22LR, 100rnds isn't gonna hold you over long.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,440  
Hey everyone, I am wondering what the ammunition situation is in different parts of the country? In NY, almost everything is hard to find. But I am hearing from a few that in Ohio, shelves are fairly well stocked. I know it has been lean for a few months all over, but has it changed at all in the last few weeks?
I’ll be in South Carolina in a few weeks and would really like to get enough 12ga shotgun trap loads to be able to shoot in a couple of leagues. As it is now, I have a 6 week supply before I am out! So any sources between NY and SC could be a stopping point for us.
Thanks,
Otto
Most of those rounds are known for being used in revlovers.

Take the barrels lengths and pressures out of the equation when using a supressor, the bigger question is why you would want to use a supressor on a revolver? ;)
There are some rifles, including bolt action 44s, single shots of all types, ect, that would be great suppressor hosts. Some lever guns can be either be threaded or come threaded, but you have to make sure the mag tube is clear, and it has to have the Kings Gate loading gate, not tube style.