TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,601  
That's all true Hay Dude. Doesn't mean it's "smart", but it's true.

It's one thing for The Eternally Foolish to do such things (such as brag about manufacturing ammunition without a license) but someone else who may not know better might think it's a good idea and start doing it as well. There's no hope for The Eternally Foolish, but maybe we could save someone else from an awkward situation with a gung-ho federal agency in their future.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,602  
There’s people bragging about all kinds of felonies on TBN. Tax evasion, felony property damage, guns across state lines, improper trailer loads, etc.
Surprised the feds haven’t already started conducting interview
Not bragging, just supplying my shooting buddies who didn't have the foresight to see what was gonna happen. I don't 'sell' anything to anyone else but my hunting partners and I work and have worked on their firearms for years.

Why would I spent the time to build stuff from components I had paid for and then give it away. Makes no sense. Being a capitalist I do like turning a profit albeit not much. I gunsmith their weapons and never charge a cent and never have because I enjoy doing it.

I don't, however enjoy the repetitious nature of building handloads. It's monotonous but exacting work....

...and, if you want any, in any caliber, the answer is NO. Don't know you from mud and it can stay that way.

The only reason I am doing it (besides supplying my hunting buddies) is, I have way more components than I'll ever hope to use so why not?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,603  

It's one thing for The Eternally Foolish to do such things (such as brag about manufacturing ammunition without a license) but someone else who may not know better might think it's a good idea and start doing it as well. There's no hope for The Eternally Foolish, but maybe we could save someone else from an awkward situation with a gung-ho federal agency in their future.
Sounds to me like you have an ammunition issue or are a anti firearm zealot. One of the 2. If correct, sucks to be you....

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,604  
Sounds to me like you have an ammunition issue or are a anti firearm zealot. One of the 2. If correct, sucks to be you....

That's about as wrong as I'd expect from you.

You are indeed, "Frequently Wrong, but Never in Doubt".

Surprised you don't recognize that I remember you from Smith & Wesson forum. I thought the reference to "Sidecar Flip" (which is your handle over there) would have clued you in. I don't hide behind multiple handles like you do.

I have been handloading my own ammunition since 1975. I've competed somewhat successfully in service rifle competitions, including multiple back to back years at Camp Perry Nationals. Loaded many 10's of thousands of ammunition. Currently down to maybe 50 firearms, including a couple of those evil "black rifles".

Cautioning others not to follow you blindly through a trip of Federal Felonies does not make me a "zealot".

It does make you an Idiot however.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,605  

I own guns and at one time, actively reloaded my own ammo. Now I just buy it, but I DO understand the desire to reload with today’s ammo prices.
I do not, however, understand the need to openly brag about crimes on open forums. Its a breathtaking risk to ones freedoms being taken away.
About 40 years ago, a guy in my hometown bragged down at the local coffee shop about owning munitions above and beyond legal ownership (automatic weapons, grenade launchers, bazookas, etc). This conversation was overheard, and within one year he was woken in the middle of the night by the ATF. His home was searched. They discovered his weapons cache and confiscated all of it. He was a foreign National and was deported immediately.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,607  
Shot S&W 422 with my oldest daughter yesterday. Grandpa actually threw it in the trash because it didn't have a mag. He had less desire for material things though.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,608  
So, yesterday I decided it was time to purchase another box of 12 gauge shot shells. Checked at the local Wallmart store and at Cabelas in Post Falls, ID. ZERO - nothing at either store. And I mean nothing in ANY caliber.

The salesman at Cabelas acknowledged - "makes selling guns pretty difficult".

I should say so......... You spend $1200+ on a new Winchester model 70 in 30-06 and get to shout "BANG" as you pull the trigger.
I stopped at 6 different gun stores, and called at least 10 more between upstate NY and South Carolina yesterday. I was able to purchase 5 boxes of 8 shot. Lots and lots of buckshot at almost every store, and a few had slugs too. Some overseas brand of some sort, not the usual Federal, Remington or Winchester......
Cabelas in N. Carolina had 5 boxes of 7.5 shot at $18 a box. I passed. I’ve got a week in SC to try to locate another 50 boxes so my team can finish out our trap season.
Also went to 3 Walmarts, all empty shelves. It is the LGS that has any decent supply of ammo. Not the big box.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,610  
Hey speaking of guns, ammo and felonies,,,,, does anyone know if any magazine capacity restrictions are imminent, what they are and most importantly, will it be a felony to possess a magazine larger than the new dictates allow? Or a misdemeanor?
Will it affect NEW gun sales, or everything already owned?