TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,963  
Decided it was time to modify the stock on my old 10/22 and get the old gal sighted-in. Shot 16 groups (5 shot groups) at 50 yards. Averaged just under 1" using Federal Auto Match I got cheap before the pandemic. That should eradicate more critters than I miss.

Have been thinking of a high end .22LR bolt but decided to get a couple of PCP rifles instead.

I hate shooting .22LR. My range set up (25. 50, 100, and 200 yards) is off my back porch and I have to crawl around to pick out the casings from between the deck boards.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,964  
Decided it was time to modify the stock on my old 10/22 and get the old gal sighted-in. Shot 16 groups (5 shot groups) at 50 yards. Averaged just under 1" using Federal Auto Match I got cheap before the pandemic. That should eradicate more critters than I miss.

Have been thinking of a high end .22LR bolt but decided to get a couple of PCP rifles instead.

I hate shooting .22LR. My range set up (25. 50, 100, and 200 yards) is off my back porch and I have to crawl around to pick out the casings from between the deck boards.
That's what grandkids are for...a penny per casing.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,965  
I've found the Federal Auto Match shoots pretty good for less expensive ammo. I seem to hit everything I aim at with it, and it's the only .22LR we've found that functions semi-reliably in that Walther P-22 travesty. We have several .22 handguns and rifles, and that's the only one that's picky.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,966  
I lay a cloth painting tarp or old bed sheet on the deck and up a railing to collect RF brass that may fall through the gaps.

This should have room for a 10/22 operating handle to clear when on the gun. Comes off easy to work the bolt when reloading. Doesn't have to be just for ARs & I use one like it with my uppers.

catcher.jpg

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,967  
I lay a cloth painting tarp or old bed sheet on the deck and up a railing to collect RF brass that may fall through the gaps.

This should have room for a 10/22 operating handle to clear when on the gun. Comes off easy to work the bolt when reloading. Doesn't have to be just for ARs & I use one like it with my uppers.

View attachment 703506
One more reason why southpaws don't like autoloaders.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,968  
That's what grandkids are for...a penny per casing.
A penny per casing!! As much as Don shoots, I'll do it for a penny a casing! :LOL:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,969  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,970  

View attachment 703506
I have a similar one that attaches to the rail, but I never use it.

I also have an umbrella that clamps to my shooting bench that has an attachable screen for keeping casings in line. Still have to pick them up but they are easy to find.

Attachments

• IMG_1447.JPG
    IMG_1447.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 70