TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,071  
I have a silencer that needs to be returned to the manufacturer, and they said they will return it to me. That too should be an interesting shipment, but the UPS guy will never know about it, because I probably won't open it in presence.
David from jax
From personal experience, it's not a big deal as long you are not selling AND shipping WITHOUT the appropriate license.

If you're shipping the product back to the manufacturer, it's for maintence / service only, and the manufacturer is sending the product back to you after they perform that service. Sale of the product is not involved.

My only can dealer is 90 minutes from me. Depending on what the time frame is, my dealer just USPS's the cans directly to me.

I won't lie, I'd rather pick them up than trust a carrier though LOL

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,072  
Any ideas for good holsters or racks for the tractor?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,073  
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,074  
I just bought a Tikka T3X laminate in .260rem for my youngest daughter so she can start hunting deer and pigs with me. I was kicking myself for failing to bid on one a few months ago on Gunbroker and then learned they were discontinued. One popped up again the other night and I jumped all over it.

Now I have to scope it for her. I'm trying to find one of the Zeiss Conquest 3-9 x 40 scopes that were discontinued. Probably one of the best quality and price point scopes that has ever been made. Really bummed that Zeiss quit making them. I have one on one of my guns, but I hate to part with it, even if it is for my daughter ;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,075  
I am getting my dad's .22-250 as he can no longer see well enough to use it. Is it worth trying to use it on hogs? Most of my hunting experience is small game.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,076  
Typical twist rate of .22-250 won't let you shoot bullets much > 60g. Head shots with FMJs? I wouldn't get my hopes up.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,077  
I am getting my dad's .22-250 as he can no longer see well enough to use it. Is it worth trying to use it on hogs? Most of my hunting experience is small game.

It wouldn't be my first choice. The problem with most .22-250 ammo is they're fairly thin jacketed and made more for varmints. Like Old Grind says, maybe FMJ and head/neck shots. For me, most pig calibers start at .243 with a stout bullet.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,078  
Thanks, I figured as much. We used to use it for prairie dogs. I know people who take deer with them.
My other option is a 1903 Springfield. May be better for me to sell those and get something else....

I really want a Henry .44 or .45.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,079  
I just bought a Tikka T3X laminate in .260rem for my youngest daughter so she can start hunting deer and pigs with me. I was kicking myself for failing to bid on one a few months ago on Gunbroker and then learned they were discontinued. One popped up again the other night and I jumped all over it.

Now I have to scope it for her. I'm trying to find one of the Zeiss Conquest 3-9 x 40 scopes that were discontinued. Probably one of the best quality and price point scopes that has ever been made. Really bummed that Zeiss quit making them. I have one on one of my guns, but I hate to part with it, even if it is for my daughter ;)
Love me some .260 rem, too bad 6.5 C got all the marketing and sort of took over the market. Enjoy! I can vouch for it's effectiveness on hogs and deer.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,080  
I used 5.56 a lot so shouldn't be an issue as long as you are competent enough to put the bullets where they need to go.