TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,481  
Anyone ever try an Athlon Argos 3-15×40? Seems like an incredibly useful range, and but I've never looked through the Argos. Would be used for hunting, target shooting, ect; not PRS or mall ninja kinda stuff. I have the chance to get an open box one, online for $175.
Screenshot_20211001-174325_Chrome.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,482  
Paulsharvey, I know nothing about it, but I might be willing to give one a try if it were going on a lower recoil rifle.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,483  
So any suggestions on a small/smooth pocket carry pistol?? I bought a Springfield 911 , my first 9mm, and its a bit too heavy. I wont (probably) need quick deployment gun, I dont really go anywhere shady anymore, just something light that I can carry around just in case. Looked at a Ruger LCP yesterday, nice size and weight, not sure about the 380 though! You guys have any good suggestions?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,484  
So any suggestions on a small/smooth pocket carry pistol?? I bought a Springfield 911 , my first 9mm, and its a bit too heavy. I wont (probably) need quick deployment gun, I dont really go anywhere shady anymore, just something light that I can carry around just in case. Looked at a Ruger LCP yesterday, nice size and weight, not sure about the 380 though! You guys have any good suggestions?
So, I personally don't like shooting the LCPs, because its a two finger kinda sized gun. However, honestly, I figure even a 32acp that is so small and easily to carry, that it is always with you, beats only carrying half the time. I personally feel a 380 7 shot pistol should be enough to stop a threat or get yourself out of it. Is it the ideal man stopper, no its not, but for EDC, your trying to stop a threat and get away. For in the house, I would want more power or more ammo.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,485  
Curious as to why you’d need a gun slowly if you need it?

.380 +p is very similar to 9mm but I agree .380 is really not what I’d want to trust my life too. If I was going to dedicate my gun to being in my pocket I’d probably look at a revolver. LCR would probably be high on the list.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,486  
So not a 1911, but my personal favorite all around pistol to shoot is a Browning High Standard, so kinda similar size/weight to typical 1911's. That High Standard is also not a gun I would carry concealed being to large and heavy to tote around comfortably. My personal view is it the gun is at all obtrusive/irritating to carry concealed it's not worth the investment as a carry gun.

I'm not a big fan of LCP's because my hands are on the larger size and I have to go through some mental contortions to grip them in a reliable fashion. It's not a "pocket pistol" but my personal choice for concealed is a 9mm Glock 43. It is light enough and streamlined enough that it is easy for me to carry inside the waistband, yet also has just enough size and ergonomics that it fits my hand very well.... and that's coming from someone who strongly disliked Glocks when they first came on the market years ago.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,487  
(An observation)
It's interesting reading discussion of best CC guns from people who can actually concealed carry.
We have that conversation on gun forums in Canada, but it is just wishful thinking.
Compacts are prohibited here (since 1998 - if you owned one before you got to keep it), but we can own any pistol with a 4.1" barrel or longer.
And of course, no carry. It's allowable under our criminal code, but permits are never issued.
They used to issue wilderness carry (handguns) for trappers, remote surveyers, geologists, etc. under strict regs but they've even reduced the
number of wilderness carry permits saying you can carry a long gun.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,488  
Modern bullets have increased the capability of pretty much all HG calibers. Newest LCP has a larger grip circumference. I bought Kahr P40 and PM9 when the latter first came out and haven't shot either in >15 yrs. Without a jacket on I mught carry the P3AT in a shirt pocket. With a coat on the Makarov (like a PPK) or CZ82 work for me and the 9x18 caliber (AKA 9mm Mak) performs pretty much like .380 +P. btw, no .22 Mag to 'carry' for me.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,489  
(An observation)
It's interesting reading discussion of best CC guns from people who can actually concealed carry.
I'm just glad it hasn't devolved into the typical pi$$ing contest over calibers that I've witnessed in person or on a multitude of other forums.

Modern bullets have increased the capability of pretty much all HG calibers. Newest LCP has a larger grip circumference. I bought Kahr P40 and PM9 when the latter first came out and haven't shot either in >15 yrs. Without a jacket on I mught carry the P3AT in a shirt pocket. With a coat on the Makarov (like a PPK) or CZ82 work for me and the 9x18 caliber (AKA 9mm Mak) performs pretty much like .380 +P. btw, no .22 Mag to 'carry' for me.
Very good point about the evolution of caliber capability.

As an aside, I don't have a Makarov, but I still have the stainless .380 Walther PPK/S that my father purchased in the 80's for carry. It's a neat, incredibly well constructed gun and I wish I could enjoy shooting it. The ergonomics are such that I can't come away from the range without serious slide bite no matter how I contort my hand while shooting it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,490  
Simple solution to your LCP thoughts on .380... just jump up to an LC9, it's not much bigger, apparently the new ones are nicer... I have the Kel-Tek version of the LCP and it works fine, it's no plinking gun really but it fits in a pocket or ankle holster real nice...