TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,492  
Curious as to why you’d need a gun slowly if you need it?

.380 +p is very similar to 9mm but I agree .380 is really not what I’d want to trust my life too. If I was going to dedicate my gun to being in my pocket I’d probably look at a revolver. LCR would probably be high on the list.
So maybe I'm in a restaurant and some guy jumps up and yells this is a robbery or something?? Ya never know, not figuring on getting in an OK Corral gunfight or anything.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,493  
So maybe I'm in a restaurant and some guy jumps up and yells this is a robbery or something?? Ya never know, not figuring on getting in an OK Corral gunfight or anything.
So you’re sitting in a restaurant and you’re gonna get this gun out of your pocket? While you’re sitting? And he’s up with a gun? Makes perfect sense.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,494  
So not a 1911, but my personal favorite all around pistol to shoot is a Browning High Standard, so kinda similar size/weight to typical 1911's. That High Standard is also not a gun I would carry concealed being to large and heavy to tote around comfortably. My personal view is it the gun is at all obtrusive/irritating to carry concealed it's not worth the investment as a carry gun.

I'm not a big fan of LCP's because my hands are on the larger size and I have to go through some mental contortions to grip them in a reliable fashion. It's not a "pocket pistol" but my personal choice for concealed is a 9mm Glock 43. It is light enough and streamlined enough that it is easy for me to carry inside the waistband, yet also has just enough size and ergonomics that it fits my hand very well.... and that's coming from someone who strongly disliked Glocks when they first came on the market years ago.
So if you are discussing what I said.. I did say 911 not 1911, 1911's are huge, not a carry gun in my estimation.

Yeah, that Glock 43 is about 2 1/2 oz heavier than my Springfield, and I'm not looking to carry inside the waistband... to me, no room there and I need my shirt tucked in or I feel unkempt.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,495  
So, I personally don't like shooting the LCPs, because its a two finger kinda sized gun. However, honestly, I figure even a 32acp that is so small and easily to carry, that it is always with you, beats only carrying half the time. I personally feel a 380 7 shot pistol should be enough to stop a threat or get yourself out of it. Is it the ideal man stopper, no its not, but for EDC, your trying to stop a threat and get away. For in the house, I would want more power or more ammo.
And a LCP max is a 10 +1 instead of the 7 rounder.. and not much bigger, and no I'm not talking for in the house, definitely have more juice there.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,496  
Simple solution to your LCP thoughts on .380... just jump up to an LC9, it's not much bigger, apparently the new ones are nicer... I have the Kel-Tek version of the LCP and it works fine, it's no plinking gun really but it fits in a pocket or ankle holster real nice...
And again, like the G43 someone else mentioned the LC9 is also a bit more than 2 oz heavier than my 911.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,497  
Went to Harbor Freight yesterday, and they wanted photo ID to take a credit card. I flashed my CCP. The girl reacted like I was an axe murderer. Hey, honey, I had to be fingerprinted and pass an FBI background check to get that ID.
I like doing that sometimes, even more fun when the wife does it!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,498  
So you’re sitting in a restaurant and you’re gonna get this gun out of your pocket? While you’re sitting? And he’s up with a gun? Makes perfect sense.
Yep, thats what I thought also!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,499  
So if you are discussing what I said.. I did say 911 not 1911, 1911's are huge, not a carry gun in my estimation.

Yeah, that Glock 43 is about 2 1/2 oz heavier than my Springfield, and I'm not looking to carry inside the waistband... to me, no room there and I need my shirt tucked in or I feel unkempt.
Anybody still shoulder carry anymore? I feel naked without my full size S&W stainless steel and wood .45 under my arm; I love the feel of the weight and the caliber.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,500  
So any suggestions on a small/smooth pocket carry pistol?? I bought a Springfield 911 , my first 9mm, and its a bit too heavy. I wont (probably) need quick deployment gun, I dont really go anywhere shady anymore, just something light that I can carry around just in case. Looked at a Ruger LCP yesterday, nice size and weight, not sure about the 380 though! You guys have any good suggestions?
My "light" carry gun is a Kahr CW9. I think it weighs just over a pound. I have one in .40 as well. The .40 is a bit harsh recoil wise and I want a carry gun my fiancé can also shoot well.

I really like the CW's. You can get one in .45 as well. I prefer a carry gun with no safety...draw, aim, keep pulling the trigger until done.

There is no benefit in getting a .380, unless the gun you want is only available in that caliber. I use 9mm Speer 124 gr Gold Dots and they function perfectly. It handles cast bullets (122 gr TC's) well and that is what we practice with. The POI is the same so it is relatively cheap to shoot and train with.

It comes standard with a 7 round mag and I have a couple of the 8 rd mags. You can get 10 rd mags for it as well. But I think the 10 rd mags would be too long for easy carry.

But it may be too large for pocket carry.

I tried to pocket carry a Seecamp and PPK and found it did not work for me. Issues were not enough pockets for the stuff I want to have with me, the gun will print, shooting the little guns accurately is not easy, and it is so slow to deploy. Before spending a bunch of money on a pocket carry gun, make a wooden model the same size, imbed bullets to it get the same weight, and carry it for a couple of weeks. See how it works.

In my case, a good IWB tuckable holster is the best way to carry. It checks all the boxes.