TODAY'S GUN TIME

Root Cause

Silver Member
Tractor
Mehindra 2638
Speaking of 6.5 Creedmore's, Ghost Robotics is trying to sell these now.

I'm going to wait for the next gen that will skin, gut and wrap the meat.
1634145196615.png

sea2summit

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota 1860->25D, MX5800, M4D
Speaking of 6.5 Creedmore's, Ghost Robotics is trying to sell these now.

I'm going to wait for the next gen that will skin, gut and wrap the meat. View attachment 716843
Didn't some big name youtuber get arrested for putting a glock on a drone? Think it changed the classification of the gun when it was remote operated or some such nonsense.

Larry Caldwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota l3130
The main reason I would choose the "modern" rifle over the open sighted lever gun is with old age and eyesight issues, it's much harder to get a fast, accurate sight picture with open sights vs. a scope. It's one thing to see a stationary white target with a black circle in the middle, at a known distance at a shooting range, vs. getting a positive sight picture of the vitals of a moving deer at an uncertain distance and a cluttered background, with only a moment's window in time to make the shot.

Plus, some joker snuck into my gunsafe and replaced all my front sights with fuzzy, blurry, blodgey things vs. the nice clear, easy to see front sights that I remember from my youth.

So for me, I'll hunt with a scope.
I put a $25 garage sale Leupold 4x fixed on my Marlin 1895. It was a great choice. I'm not Annie Oakley, so I don't shoot at moving deer. When you lead the target, there is no such thing as a good sight picture.

hunt4570

Elite Member
Tractor
Grand L3540 ,724 loader, bucket, grapple and now forks also! And just for OP.. a pool!
I put a $25 garage sale Leupold 4x fixed on my Marlin 1895. It was a great choice. I'm not Annie Oakley, so I don't shoot at moving deer. When you lead the target, there is no such thing as a good sight picture.
Agreed, I do not shoot moving deer either. Whistle and it will stop for your shot!

MoKelly

Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St
Tractor
Bobcat CT235, Bad Boy z-turn, Suzuki Vinson 500 and F-150

I need to find better garage sales around here!

MoKelly

Root Cause

Silver Member
Tractor
Mehindra 2638
Never mind, google box knew.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I didn't go into great detail on the robot dog with a creedmore assault weapon. They are for sale but they are showing it to our military in hopes of a contract. It is however, real.

Larry Caldwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota l3130
Wow, I just ran across some laser information I was completely unaware of. Lasers can shift frequency in the cold, and appear not working while still putting out high power. The frequency shift can also negate safety filter goggles by shifting frequency. If you rely on laser sights, they can quit working in cold weather. I had no idea.

Slowpoke Slim

Veteran Member
Tractor
Husqvarna YTH24V48 riding mower, Branson 3725CH
Wow, I just ran across some laser information I was completely unaware of. Lasers can shift frequency in the cold, and appear not working while still putting out high power. The frequency shift can also negate safety filter goggles by shifting frequency. If you rely on laser sights, they can quit working in cold weather. I had no idea.

Maybe that's why I never bought one?

It does get chilly up here.

the old grind

Elite Member
Tractor
NH T-1520 HST, NH TC33DA HST, Case DX26 HST, .Terramite T5C, . NH L785
Batteries get cold & output drops, common to all conventional types, size/draw matters too, etc, etc ... doesn't help.