TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,981  
Does the image redacting have something to do with the age of the shooter and someone in school seeing the photo on social media? Not trying to stir the pot.....just trying to figure it out. The local newspaper runs a contest for youth hunters and posts pics of them and their deer where I live.
Just trying to slow the Google profilers down:ninja:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,982  
End of an era?

Yesterday I stopped by Sportsman's Warehouse where something in the rifle rack caught my attention in a wall of black and gray. It was a lone rifle with a walnut stock. I counted 86 bolt-action rifles, 85 with synthetic stocks, 1 with walnut.

Nothing against synthetic stocks. I have some. But it looks like there is no longer much of a choice.

:(

Bruce
All about the money. Not many folks want wood anymore.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,984  
I was aware of a Weatherby in 270 Weatherby Mag for sale at a good price. I wasn't looking for one, but thought that it was a good caliber for one of the long range areas on our property in GA. I was on the fence about it, but the fact that it had an all weather stock instead of a beautiful wood stock is what finally made my decision. I told a friend about it that was looking for the long range capability of that round and he bought it. Nice gun, good deal, and I still have thoughts of regrets about it, but it has a good home. Pretty is as pretty does, but good looking furniture is a plus!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,985  
The practical side of me says...."It's a tool...pretty does not count" That is why I hunt with the Compass...it is the best tool for the job.

But for most of my life the only stocks were wood. There is an elegance that a good wood stocked rifle exudes. And when a finely blued barreled action sits in the wood it is perfection. I know stainless steel does not rust but it lacks pizazz IMO.

I don't see the new crop of rifles ever being cherished as "special" or becoming safe queens that are too pretty to lug into the woods and get scratched up.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,986  
Ok, with all this talk about wood vs plastic stocks, lets see those wood ones.
Here's a couple of mine..

Attachments

• IMG_1883.JPG
    IMG_1883.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2159.JPG
    IMG_2159.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_2984.JPG
    IMG_2984.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 63
  • t3x_hunter_stainless_fluted_barrel.png
    t3x_hunter_stainless_fluted_barrel.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 60
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,987  
Been sick all week, 2.3 has been begging to shoot to get ready for a comp in a few weeks so I let her go out on her own and shoot some groups. She brought this back and said she wasn’t really happy with the other two groups and wasn’t gonna let me see them when I’m sick. Crazy girl, pretty sure she’s just taunting me because we actually shoot against each other in this comp.
03ED76ED-779E-405B-8E64-13E0D44DBFE8.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,988  
Been sick all week, 2.3 has been begging to shoot to get ready for a comp in a few weeks so I let her go out on her own and shoot some groups. She brought this back and said she wasn’t really happy with the other two groups and wasn’t gonna let me see them when I’m sick. Crazy girl, pretty sure she’s just taunting me because we actually shoot against each other in this comp.
View attachment 719864
Nice shooting!!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#8,989  
Holy Smokes... OP here. Been away for a bit and fell so far behind. Wrong time to miss out on the Baldwin tragedy discussion. Thank you for keeping this thread alive through it all!

I will refrain from adding my two cents since it's been throughly discussed based on info released to date.

Also sad that I've had zero gun time lately so I am really at a loss to contribute anything here.

Okay back to original programming...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,990  
Anyone remember the good old days?
Reloading bench find if the day, bet I wouldn’t have bought them if they weren’t on sale:ROFLMAO:
0A81695D-E3B8-4974-B5E0-A7BDE4019036.jpeg