TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #41  
Thats the last corn ole Ricky is going to get!:thumbsup:

That's just two of several.....and still counting. But, really, I hate doing it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
Got my fingers crossed, we don't have a coon raid on our corn.

Today I replaced the batteries in one of my gun safes and organized various magazines so they reside near their respective 'owners'.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #45  
Last night I got all the handguns from the safe, looked them over, wiped them down and just looked at them for awhile before I put them back.
Tonight I'll do the long guns

It's a monthly ritual for me, even if I can't shoot them, I really enjoy looking at them.

I'd love to do some shooting, but other tasks are using up my time and the heat is so bad, I don't think I'd really enjoy it right now

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #46  
I went to the local gun show with my neighbor who was looking for a good tactical flashlight (he didn't buy one) and I came across a nice Glock 33 in Sig .357 with a lazer grip sight. I has looking at a Glock 26 compact new in the box for $475 which was a good deal compared to guns at local gun shop but when I found the Glock 33 with laser grip site, 3 mags and 20 rounds of ammo for $550 I had to part with the money. I bought another $125 worth of ammo including a couple boxes of ball ammo and 40 rounds of defense hollow point ammo to go with it.
That afternoon me and my neighbor popped off 3 clips worth. It shoots really well but does have a lot more recoil than my 9 mm and my neighbor who has a .40 Glock says it kicks a bit more than the .40 also.
A good thing is that with just a .40 barrel I can adapt it to that caliber also so it is almost like having 2 guns in one. Amazingly the .40 ammo is cheaper than the .357 but not by more than 3 cents per round. Also in the amazing category is the ballistics which are better than just about any other auto pistol cartridge other than the 10mm or .50 Desert Eagle.

I really like it and since it has the short grip it is more easily concealed at the cost of only 9 rounds in the clip. Lots of folks think they need 15 or 17 rounds in the clip to be effective but I feel that if I fire 6 or less rounds at a target and don't do some damage, it is time to run anyway. If I get really worried that I would need more ammo, I would just carry the 2 extra clips for a total of 28 (9x3+ one in the pipe)rounds.
I do need to find a better holster that leave less of an imprint than any of the 6 or so that I now have, maybe a custom made pancake model but nothing inside the waist band, pants too tight for that.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #47  
I went to the local gun show with my neighbor who was looking for a good tactical flashlight (he didn't buy one) and I came across a nice Glock 33 in Sig .357 with a lazer grip sight. I has looking at a Glock 26 compact new in the box for $475 which was a good deal compared to guns at local gun shop but when I found the Glock 33 with laser grip site, 3 mags and 20 rounds of ammo for $550 I had to part with the money. I bought another $125 worth of ammo including a couple boxes of ball ammo and 40 rounds of defense hollow point ammo to go with it.
That afternoon me and my neighbor popped off 3 clips worth. It shoots really well but does have a lot more recoil than my 9 mm and my neighbor who has a .40 Glock says it kicks a bit more than the .40 also.
A good thing is that with just a .40 barrel I can adapt it to that caliber also so it is almost like having 2 guns in one. Amazingly the .40 ammo is cheaper than the .357 but not by more than 3 cents per round. Also in the amazing category is the ballistics which are better than just about any other auto pistol cartridge other than the 10mm or .50 Desert Eagle.

I really like it and since it has the short grip it is more easily concealed at the cost of only 9 rounds in the clip. Lots of folks think they need 15 or 17 rounds in the clip to be effective but I feel that if I fire 6 or less rounds at a target and don't do some damage, it is time to run anyway. If I get really worried that I would need more ammo, I would just carry the 2 extra clips for a total of 28 (9x3+ one in the pipe)rounds.
I do need to find a better holster that leave less of an imprint than any of the 6 or so that I now have, maybe a custom made pancake model but nothing inside the waist band, pants too tight for that.

The .357 Sig is a powerful effective round, but a lot of folks don't like them because they are quite "snappy". Especially in a subcompact pistol format. I reckon that is why that one was on the table to be traded off. But if you are getting along with it and don't mind the recoil, then it was a good find for you.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #48  
Not a lot of gun time as of late. Need to get out to the range. Stocking up on ammo while it is still cheap though.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #49  
Shot a possum in the back yard tonight... dog was yapping at something by the fence as we came back from the barn feeding, had the possum cornered. D@mn thing took 2 rounds from the .22 in the body and was still crawling away... 3rd in the head made it dead.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
Not a lot of gun time as of late. Need to get out to the range. Stocking up on ammo while it is still cheap though.
Doing the same. My ammo stock is increasing due to screwy judge rulings on my local range. Can't shoot 30cal or greater. So my handguns are idle. But the dreaded 'assault rifle' is okay.

Please don't turn this thread into political... I'm honestly interested in your daily gun activities.

Today I took inventory in target material and researched the MP45 shield!