TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,691  
Yeah, you're right!
The Henry I had was a .22...and I replaced that rifle with a Marlin 39 lever action .22.
I bought the 1894 when the neighbor just decided he didn't want it...got a really good deal, IIRC. I think I paid $200 or $250 for a very sweet little rifle.

If you want to let that 39 go, let me know...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,692  
I have a Super Redhawk, so when a matching .44mag Winchester 1894 came up at a local auction I decided I needed to have it. I believe it's about a early '80s "Trapper" model. Short 16" barrel so it's quick handling and light. Only problem, evidently several other bidders had also decided they needed to have it! Wasn't cheap, but I love it. Yeah, talk about a smooth action! I don't think any of the manufacturers use smiths that fit and assemble actions like that anymore. Gave it to the wife. Got her a nice leather saddle scabbard to fit.

IMG_0429 (1024x768).jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,693  
Been watching and waiting for the right gun at the right price. Have seen a lot of the right gun, but dang they sure aren't giving them away.

Man, that's no kidding. Price is the biggest reason I don't have one yet. Having heard less than favorable things about the newer Marlins, I'd love to get my hands on an older 1894C. However, as you said, no one is giving them away (well ... except for Roy's neighbor :thumbsup: ). Been eyeballing the Rossi/Puma 1892 instead. Seems you can usually score a new one of those for around $600-ish. While I'd prefer the side discharge, the top discharge of the Rossi really won't be a big deal for me, as I'm not likely to scope it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,694  
I have a Super Redhawk, so when a matching .44mag Winchester 1894 came up at a local auction I decided I needed to have it. I believe it's about a early '80s "Trapper" model. Short 16" barrel so it's quick handling and light. Only problem, evidently several other bidders had also decided they needed to have it! Wasn't cheap, but I love it. Yeah, talk about a smooth action! I don't think any of the manufacturers use smiths that fit and assemble actions like that anymore. Gave it to the wife. Got her a nice leather saddle scabbard to fit.

View attachment 517757
I got one of those little 16" barreled 94AE in .44mag years ago new that I ordered from a local Walmart in store catalog. (this WM sadly does not sell guns anymore) It has become one of my favorite rifles to use and it caliber matches my Ruger .44mag Vaquero also.
10-08 179.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,695  
I bought the Rossi lever action in .44 magnum to compliment my Virginia Dragoon (later added a Super Blackhawk to that group). It's a beautiful rifle, deep dark blue, excellent piece of wood in the stock and oiled to a beautiful finish.
Only problem I see with it is that the darned thing kicks like a mule! I can shoot either of the revolvers with no problems, but the Rossi is the least fired firearm in my collection. I've fired a total of 6 rounds .44 magnum and 6 rounds of .44 Special in it and I've had it for years! I only gave $300 for it new, It's accurate, but for some reason, the recoil is brutal.
Guess I should have bought the 38/357 to compliment my other revolvers

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,696  
I got one of those little 16" barreled 94AE in .44mag years ago new that I ordered from a local Walmart in store catalog. (this WM sadly does not sell guns anymore) It has become one of my favorite rifles to use and it caliber matches my Ruger .44mag Vaquero also.
View attachment 517777

Yeah, Walmart gun sales ... don't get me started.

Another high on my "I Want List" is a New Vaquero in .357 Magnum. Rented one a while back at a local range and loved it. I love revolvers, but have never owned a single action. I'd like to change that, too.

I bought the Rossi lever action in .44 magnum to compliment my Virginia Dragoon (later added a Super Blackhawk to that group). It's a beautiful rifle, deep dark blue, excellent piece of wood in the stock and oiled to a beautiful finish.

Nice to read about the fit and finish of your rifle, Gunny, as that seems to be the only real knock I've seen against the Rossi; inconsistent fit and finish. However, that's not a big deal to me. I'll be buying it as a shooter, not a safe queen heirloom.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,698  
Ended up buying a Hera folder along with bladetech I picked up this morning on a online auction (decent price IMO and they can be a bugger to find).

Do you know if the tailhook will allow the scorpion to fire when the brace is folded? I came close to buying one, but looking at it in the closed position, didn't look like it would clear. Thing I like about the Hera is it can fold either on the left or right side.

Can always buy another down the road...

The tailhook setup uses the factory CZ folding stock piece, just replaces buttstock with brace so the length should be the same as a SBR CZ

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,699  
Just throwing this out there.. P320 drop test by Omaha Outdoors.

In case you guys haven't heard, there's been a lot of recent activity about whether the P320 is drop safe after the Dallas PD announced it wasn't and would stop using them until it was fixed. Sig published a letter claiming it 'met all industry standard tests' and was safe, and, that the Dallas PD were putting them back into service while also claiming that the original report was blatantly false. Well, here is another claim with video proof..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #1,700  
Just throwing this out there.. P320 drop test by Omaha Outdoors.

In case you guys haven't heard, there's been a lot of recent activity about whether the P320 is drop safe after the Dallas PD announced it wasn't and would stop using them until it was fixed. Sig published a letter claiming it 'met all industry standard tests' and was safe, and, that the Dallas PD were putting them back into service while also claiming that the original report was blatantly false. Well, here is another claim with video proof..

So are you saying after 5 years of military testing we got a pistol the will fire when dropped? Maybe we should have just saved millions of dollars and took a checkbook to the gun store and bought a bunch of Glock 19's and been done with it. It is not like they haven't been tested for decades in both civilian and police service. Well, anyway, SIG, sure as heck needs to get on this problem pronto. SIG has an excellent reputation for making quality handguns, and they don't need this....