TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,311  
So these finally arrived on Friday & picked up at my LGS.

Capturexd.JPG

I thought it was pretty good deal. $710 for both, free shipping, no tax, $20 xfer fee. From Sportsman's Outdoor Superstore. I wasn't thrilled that the free shipping option took a long time to actually get sent, but for the price can't complain.

They both got a good break in Fri & Sat, around 400 rds each. No issues & like them both. Mrs CMV & I spent a long time at range Sat & went thru just about an entire 30cal can of 9mm - at least 1k. The only thing to give any trouble was Sig P320. Grrrr....I think that one is taking a trip back to them. Only unreliable Sig I've ever had. I like it and shoot it very well, but can't trust it as it is.....

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,312  
No. I take the can off after shooting as a habit, particularly with a .22 can. That said, I did buy a couple of strap wrenches just for back up LOL

I honestly can't see the anti seize compound as being bad to use though. Just something else to do.

Just wait until you get a can that can heat upl I know I posted a pic somewhere, but this can on the AK can get red hot after a couple of mag dumps and it will smoke for a good 5 minutes LOL...

View attachment 597274

I saw on YouTube videos about how hot the can can get...there's also a warning in the instructions that came with the cans. It was on a YouTube video that I heard about using anti-seize, but like you guys, the can is off when I'm done. I also don't do rapid fire with my firearms...sounds cool, but I won't hit anything

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,313  
Very nice!

Looks like you used the same bench plans I did :)

View attachment 597293View attachment 597294View attachment 597295

Pretty standard I'm thinking , but yes, it looks like the same one. I altered mine a little, in your 3rd pic, at the top of the rear (single leg) I added another crossmember. I didn't like its one point attachment, I'm afraid after some use it would loosen up. And on the front part of the bench I routed a groove all the way around so shells or whatever wouldn't roll off.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,314  
My college roommate spent the weekend at my place. Last time he was here, he got scope-bit on the right eyebrow - so this time, we stuck to rimfires. He took a liking to my newest 10/22 clone. It's a Kidd Supergrade, 20" Stainless Match barrel, two stage trigger (3/3 oz) in a Victor Titan stock. Once he got accustomed to the trigger, we started shooting golf balls at 60 yards, and worked out to 100. He shot thirty times, hit every one. Lots of fun!
Kidd SG.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,315  
I also don't do rapid fire with my firearms...sounds cool, but I won't hit anything

Sounds like you need to get a decent trigger. Off the AK in the previous pic.

T.png

Even though it's "flat blow" trigger in the pic, the trigger work from Mark Krebs IMO is better on one of his AK rifles.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #3,318  
I like my M&M AK..

But I like my SCAR better..

And yes, you do get what you pay for.