TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,191  
Over 6 years ago bought a set of Leupold BX-2 Acadia bino's 10x42 for 145 plus tax . I know theres many other higher end quality optics out there but I 'am still to this day more than happy and glad I bought them back then . They have and still serve me great . Just my :2cents:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,192  
Over 6 years ago bought a set of Leupold BX-2 Acadia bino's 10x42 for 145 plus tax . I know theres many other higher end quality optics out there but I 'am still to this day more than happy and glad I bought them back then . They have and still serve me great . Just my :2cents:

Maybe 20 ish years ago I bought a set of Redfield 7x35's, then a couple years later a set of Stiener 10x50's... both still serve me well. The Redfield's are my normal go to set when I'm hunting.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,193  
We are so tough on Bino’s I haven’t ever bought a pair of really good ones. Currently have the Bushnell(13-1056)10x50 wide angle,they have taken a beating prolly the longest have had.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,194  
Anybody know of any binoculars you can use while wearing glasses? I have to wear glasses because I can't see far off, I have a nice pair of Nikon's my wife gave me and they are okay with glasses on but amazing without them on. If I have my glasses on I can see good, take them off I can't. When I see a deer with my glasses on I have to take them off to use the binoculars then put them back on to shoot. It's aggravating. Also have a pair of Bushnell perma focus, love them but they got dropped and are fuzzy now.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,195  
Anybody know of any binoculars you can use while wearing glasses? I have to wear glasses because I can't see far off, I have a nice pair of Nikon's my wife gave me and they are okay with glasses on but amazing without them on. If I have my glasses on I can see good, take them off I can't. When I see a deer with my glasses on I have to take them off to use the binoculars then put them back on to shoot. It's aggravating. Also have a pair of Bushnell perma focus, love them but they got dropped and are fuzzy now.
I have had trouble out of some binoculars especially the smaller sets.I am really near sighted can’t see much without my glasses and haven’t had any problems getting on something quickly and seeing out my current ones.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,196  
I just heard that MI deer permit sales were so low this year that an earlier-this-year bait ban has been lifted by MIDNR, and that bait will be allowed for 2020 and 2021 seasons. Threat of CWD would be reassessed, and a ban reinstated if deemed necessary.

:

I believe you are incorrect. Bill has not been signed into law and I hear it is unlikely our Democratic Governor will do so.

If I am wrong please post were you got your information. Many of us support baiting and would like to see it allowed again.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,197  
I believe you are incorrect. Bill has not been signed into law and I hear it is unlikely our Democratic Governor will do so.

If I am wrong please post were you got your information. Many of us support baiting and would like to see it allowed again.

You just need the proper signage!

corn baiting.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,198  

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums...ars-plus-eyeglasses.html?highlight=binoculars

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,199  
Anybody know of any binoculars you can use while wearing glasses?

Look for 'twist-up eyecups', a more durable alternative to rubber 'fold down' eyecups (that split/crumble in ~a decade) Adjust the focus once for a typical viewer, turn eyecup 'down' for use with specs, and 'up' for everyone else. Have any counter guy/gal show you how with any binos of the type under the counter.

I do apologize for the inappropriate (if uncommon:p) and unvetted misstatement!! :eek: .. :eek: The Senate passed the bill handily, with mods, but that's really all. (1/3 at best :()

Rifle season will be over before the house even looks at a baiting bill. Sugar beets and carrots are still stacked high at local filling stations (archery season was all of Oct, thru Jan 1, inclusive) but folks are buying them here by the 43d. As Don says, even a hint that Gov Whitmer isn't onboard with it yet pretty much tolls the death knell for a ban rescission in any form.

Guess we can still set a blind near the oak that we put those fertilizer spikes around the drip line of. (Keep it legal :)) Who says a guy couldn't rough up a few tangy apples, toss 'em into an onion/mesh bag, and hang 'em in/on/over the blind while we sit there? Ain't bait on the ground.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,200  
old grind,

We spend a lot of time and money on food plots....17 total on 280 acres. But it is getting old putting them in. I have oak trees so they provide good natural bait when we get acorns but they do not come every year. Now looking at planting chestnuts and apple trees.

Your idea of hanging a bag is still baiting BTW.

In any case, I hear deer licenses are down considerably (20%). Some are blaming the changing demographics...people playing games on phones and tablets instead of "wasting time" hunting...but I think that not being able to bait has had the bigger effect.

The lack of citiots has affected us. They tend to drive deer onto our property (we are surrounded by state land) and we are seeing fewer deer. My concern is that long term lack of deer harvesting will cause more starvation as deer numbers increase. Many think the DNR is making a huge mistake. My fear is that their solution will be to introduce wolves into northern MI to control the deer herd. When they did that in the UP it decimated the deer herd. I doubt many in the area I live will view wolves kindly...SSS will be rampant if the DNR ever tries establishing wolves here. Too many will fear for their pets, livestock, children...and deer hunters will view them as a threat.