TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,201  
Just an FYI, as I'm sure has been recently discussed Walmart is discontinuing firearms and ammo, but I was there today and they had slightly discounted the whole ammo shelf, prices aren't amazing yet but some areas were empty (like the .30 rifle area). I grabbed a couple boxes of subsonic .22LR and a box of .22 mag since BiMart beat them on the rest of what I have...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,202  
Just an FYI, as I'm sure has been recently discussed Walmart is discontinuing firearms and ammo, but I was there today and they had slightly discounted the whole ammo shelf, prices aren't amazing yet but some areas were empty (like the .30 rifle area). I grabbed a couple boxes of subsonic .22LR and a box of .22 mag since BiMart beat them on the rest of what I have...

I have always despised Walmart....I now have another reason to.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,203  
19A44C8C-3CAA-4899-9694-0E2FFAF7F434.jpeg Well we switched up from deer,broke the shotguns out and got few ducks this morning...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,204  
I'm in the process of cutting trees and moving brush to get a 100 yard rifle range. The public ranges just go to 300 yards!.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,205  
I'm in the process of cutting trees and moving brush to get a 100 yard rifle range. The public ranges just go to 300 yards!.

I'm in the process of setting up both, you can see the 100 yard berm, but if you look to the left of it in the background you can see the 300 yard berm. Just need to set up a shooting bench to cover both..

IMG_1474.JPG

And I have set up some targets at the 100, just a pair of gongs at the 300

IMG_1564.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,206  

I have always despised Walmart....I now have another reason to.

I don't despise Walmart. They are what they are. However, as I've recounted here in the past, I'll never buy a firearm or ammo from them again. If they were selling rifles for $1, I'd still buy somewhere else.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,207  
Taurus-856-6-1024x1024.png

Picked up a little Taurus 856. Same size revolver as the model 85 (my most frequently carried handgun) which holds 5 rounds, the 856 holds 6 rounds. This is chambered in.38 Spl and can handle +P ammo.
I won't carry this one much...if at all. It'll reside in a desk drawer,

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,208  
Roy, you and I keep liking the same things. Could you be me long lost cousin? :p

I wonder, as general questions to those won't aren't shy:

1) What make/model did you choose to buy your 6.5 Bandwa- 'er Creedmoor in, barrel length, mag cap, that stuff?

2) How many guns will you now sell, because with it you won't need them anymore? (.243, .260, .270, 7mm, .308, etc ..)

3) Isn't an AR-10 pretty much the way to go with the caliber?

4) List game taken with the new King of the Hill, matches won, ... whadda ya got so far?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,209  
Nice, Roy. I keep thinking I'll pick up another .38 Special revolver to keep in my studio. Been looking at the RIAs, or maybe a Charter Arms. May have to look at those Taurus offerings as well.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #4,210  
Nice, Roy. I keep thinking I'll pick up another .38 Special revolver to keep in my studio. Been looking at the RIAs, or maybe a Charter Arms. May have to look at those Taurus offerings as well.

The Taurus line had a rather poor reputation for a long while.
I bought a new Taurus G2C 9mm semi-auto last Spring, because it was available on a ($175) promotion at Rural King.
It is easily the best value ($200-$250) in the semi-auto hand gun market.
Great little piece!

Last edited: