TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,781  
Show-off. 👍

It's really interesting how popular the .357 is in this group. I suppose it's because rural people view guns as a tool, not as a weapon. A high end revolver is rugged, reliable, and powerful. I have a .44, but shoot the .357 10x as much. It's not just the revolver form factor, because I have a .22 9-shooter that I rarely shoot, preferring the Mark III. But then, the Mark III is a fixed barrel blowback action. The way the barrel flops around on most autoloaders makes me queasy.

I have a 9mm with a 17 round magazine, but can't imagine what I would ever need 17 rounds for. I should sell it while I can scalp somebody for it. It came with 2 mags, and S&W was running a promo for 3 extra mags for free, so I have 5 magazines for it. 85 rounds, plus one in the pipe. The spray and pray guys would love it. Plus, I have over 1000 rounds of ammo for it.
Spray and pray guys, lol. I'd wager I could out shoot you with that S&W if it's an M&P against a gun of your choice ;)

My EDC used to carry 8, with the events of the last year-ish I upgraded to something that carries a few more and I usually have a rifle in the truck now. Don't go to town often, until recently it had been more than 7 months since I went to a town of 30k plus and I'm not really scared of morons I've just lived enough to know it only takes one moron to change your whole life and lately they've been running in packs. The average shots fired between two people has traditionally been 3.5, so I figure if there's two of them that's 7 and if they've got another moron I'd hate to have to reload. Also, in that 3.5 shots the chances of one of the two people being properly deaded is still something less than 50% so there's that. I wouldn't not carry a revolver if that's what you like, I just don't think the threat right now is adequately addressed with the limitations of a revolver. Common argument that goes "if I shoot the first one the rest will run" proved not to be true in Kenosha.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,782  
I am a relatively new member, and have enjoyed TBN and this thread a ton, thanks everyone for sharing. These are crazy times, all the mass shootings and violence I believe there are a ton of very sincere, good people that would like to get rid of guns, or reduce magazine capacity. That might be the correct answer, I honestly don't know.

But I do know why having a 30 round rifle mag or a 17 round pistol mag is not ridiculous:

Bad guys don't want to get shot.

Sometimes they show up during bad lighting.
Sometimes they move or even hide.
Things moving in an unpredictable fashion at night are hard to hit.
Shooting someone once does not always stop them from doing bad things.
Sometimes they might shoot back, making even the best of us a little less of a dead eye shot.
On rare occasion there might even be more than one of them.
ect.......

Wise man told me you can never have too much money or ammo, I believe he was correct.

Best,

ed

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,783  
If you have three people coming at you with weapons, you won't have time to get off 3.5 rounds each. 😏

I use a close range defensive practice at three yards. I have three 6" gongs spaced about four feet apart. I can get two rounds into each in less than three seconds. I'm sure it's closer to two seconds but I need a better timer. If you can get one round near the center of a 6" target, that's all you need to stop all motor functions instantly. I get that on all three targets in three rounds. The second round is for practice incase the bad guys have backup. :cool:

There's a famous shooter on YT that can do it in just over one second! I'm still practicing.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,784  
If you have three people coming at you with weapons, you won't have time to get off 3.5 rounds each. 😏

I use a close range defensive practice at three yards. I have three 6" gongs spaced about four feet apart. I can get two rounds into each in less than three seconds. I'm sure it's closer to two seconds but I need a better timer. If you can get one round near the center of a 6" target, that's all you need to stop all motor functions instantly. I get that on all three targets in three rounds. The second round is for practice incase the bad guys have backup. :cool:

There's a famous shooter on YT that can do it in just over one second! I'm still practicing.
My challenge was always getting the bad guys to stand 9 feet away, and 6 feet apart and hold still:) A couple of buddies have told me the drills are tougher when the targets shoot back.

All that said, drills are fun and makes it easy to see improvement. Hopefully none of us will ever have to test our skills.

Best,

ed

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,785  
That's the point of a 6" target. If it's the head, there won't be any shooting back. ;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,786  

Two shots on three 6” targets in three seconds? What range are you shooting that at? That’s pretty dang good.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,787  
That's the point of a 6" target. If it's the head, there won't be any shooting back. ;)
From a holster, under extreme duress, trying to hit a headshot (defined as 3x5 not 6” circle) at greater than 6’ in less time than it takes them to see you draw and move their head…would have to happen really fast.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,788  
Anyone remember the video of the officer shooting the suspect repeatedly with a .40 while the suspect eats the other guys face (not the Florida one, the one I'm thinking happened at night)? Finally moves oblique and does a head shot? I can't find it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,789  
Any gun is better then none, and a gun you will carry is better then one you leave in the car. I never understood the love some people have for 45AARP, less ammo, bigger gun, ect. For home and property, I think a PCC is ideal. Just my opinions. I would take a 357mag revolver with 3" barrel over a 1911.