TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,631  
Speaking of 6.5 Creedmore's, Ghost Robotics is trying to sell these now.

I'm going to wait for the next gen that will skin, gut and wrap the meat.
1634145196615.png

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,632  
Speaking of 6.5 Creedmore's, Ghost Robotics is trying to sell these now.

I'm going to wait for the next gen that will skin, gut and wrap the meat. View attachment 716843
Didn't some big name youtuber get arrested for putting a glock on a drone? Think it changed the classification of the gun when it was remote operated or some such nonsense.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,634  
The main reason I would choose the "modern" rifle over the open sighted lever gun is with old age and eyesight issues, it's much harder to get a fast, accurate sight picture with open sights vs. a scope. It's one thing to see a stationary white target with a black circle in the middle, at a known distance at a shooting range, vs. getting a positive sight picture of the vitals of a moving deer at an uncertain distance and a cluttered background, with only a moment's window in time to make the shot.

Plus, some joker snuck into my gunsafe and replaced all my front sights with fuzzy, blurry, blodgey things vs. the nice clear, easy to see front sights that I remember from my youth.

So for me, I'll hunt with a scope.
I put a $25 garage sale Leupold 4x fixed on my Marlin 1895. It was a great choice. I'm not Annie Oakley, so I don't shoot at moving deer. When you lead the target, there is no such thing as a good sight picture.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,635  
I put a $25 garage sale Leupold 4x fixed on my Marlin 1895. It was a great choice. I'm not Annie Oakley, so I don't shoot at moving deer. When you lead the target, there is no such thing as a good sight picture.
Agreed, I do not shoot moving deer either. Whistle and it will stop for your shot!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,636  

I need to find better garage sales around here!

MoKelly

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,637  
Never mind, google box knew.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
I didn't go into great detail on the robot dog with a creedmore assault weapon. They are for sale but they are showing it to our military in hopes of a contract. It is however, real.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,638  
Wow, I just ran across some laser information I was completely unaware of. Lasers can shift frequency in the cold, and appear not working while still putting out high power. The frequency shift can also negate safety filter goggles by shifting frequency. If you rely on laser sights, they can quit working in cold weather. I had no idea.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,639  
Wow, I just ran across some laser information I was completely unaware of. Lasers can shift frequency in the cold, and appear not working while still putting out high power. The frequency shift can also negate safety filter goggles by shifting frequency. If you rely on laser sights, they can quit working in cold weather. I had no idea.

Maybe that's why I never bought one?

It does get chilly up here.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,640  
Batteries get cold & output drops, common to all conventional types, size/draw matters too, etc, etc ... doesn't help.