TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,791  
The thing that irritates me about the Alec Baldwin shooting is that the gun passed through three hands and nobody looked at the front of the cylinder to make sure there were no bullets. You don't have to open the action and pull all the rounds out, all you have to do is look.

Three people.

Also, if you want an armorer on a movie set, hire a veteran US Army supply sergeant. I'll guarantee you will never have a hot gun by mistake.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,792  
The thing that irritates me about the Alec Baldwin shooting is that the gun passed through three hands and nobody looked at the front of the cylinder to make sure there were no bullets. You don't have to open the action and pull all the rounds out, all you have to do is look.

Three people.

Also, if you want an armorer on a movie set, hire a veteran US Army supply sergeant. I'll guarantee you will never have a hot gun by mistake.
It is a cluster of epic proportions, but there are absolutely "dude" "dummy" "inert" etc type rounds used on set you wouldn't be able to identify by looking at the front end of the cylinder. Not sure how old west it was, may have been a black powder revolver but unlikely since it seems to have gone through one person and into a second.

What boggles my mind is why you'd have a gun capable of firing a live round, it's too easy to reduce the ID of a barrel so it won't fire a bullet (may/probably harm the trigger guy) but wouldn't be noticed by anyone watching. Heck, you could have a chamber/barrel safety cut out that wouldn't hold any level of pressure and keep everyone safe if you wanted to really get crazy.

Speaking from personal experience the most emotional time for a Army commander is a force on force exercise that involves a live fire. Every rotation of a combined training center has such an event for validation of a unit. You'd be surprised at how many incidents occur even with all the safety precautions in place, all it takes is one leader to "trust" when he/she should have verified...just like this situation.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,793  

Three people.

Since this was a western taking place in the 1860's or thereabouts, the gun was probably a single-action revolver...so, half-cock, open the loading gate and spin the cylinder.
Now, there was some speculation what came out of the barrel was a squib. You wouldn't necessarily see that without disassembly
Supposedly, the revolver was being fired (plinking) before this accident...so, who knows

Last edited:
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,794  
Now, there was some speculation what came out of the barrel was a squib. You wouldn't necessarily see that without disassembly
Interesting theory, would be fairly easy to verify. Not sure a special effects round would have enough juice to launch a squib through two people though. I don't know though.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,796  
And now I CAN guarantee YOU that Hollywood elites wants to dictate even more anti gun mandates, if they cannot feel safe despite being ignorant hypocrites. Then they certainly cannot leave the rest of us alone.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,797  
And now I CAN guarantee YOU that Hollywood elites wants to dictate even more anti gun mandates, if they cannot feel safe despite being ignorant hypocrites. Then they certainly cannot leave the rest of us alone.
Added to the number of fatal shootings, but nobody went to jail for it. About right for hollywood!
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,798  
Well those hollywood "elites" should only be allowed to play with plastic guns.. Their "eliteness" is only plastic after all.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,799  
Well those hollywood "elites" should only be allowed to play with plastic guns.. Their "eliteness" is only plastic after all.
Baldwin is a notorious anti gun nut yet he plays an outlaw with a gun to roll in some dough. Hypocrite, as are many in of Hollywood. Their films spawn violence.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #8,800  

Three people.

I read this from an article by a man who was on the set, thought it was well said...

WS.png

The 24 year year old female "armorer" was the daughter of Thell Reed. What I found interesting in the facebook post was that apparently the "armorer's" assistant the way I read it was this "armorer" had her same aged friend as her "assistant" on the set.

Sooner or later, I think someone is going to go down for this to ensure it doesn't happen again.

I remember Brandon Lee and Jon-Erik Hexum, but the latter pretty much made a fatal mistake on his own.