TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,121  
Civilian Marksmanship Program ? Sales ? Just heard about this today. Anyone familiar ?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,122  
Civilian Marksmanship Program ? Sales ? Just heard about this today. Anyone familiar ?
Yes, they sell old M1 Garands, 1911s, maybe M1A's, not sure about M1 Carbines that the military is throwing away. They are graded, and many are refurbished. They Are not cheap, but if your into that kinda stuff; they are worth looking into.

I am not sure, but I want to say, they either do or did; sell US mil-surp ammo as well.

Edit: So, I should add; they sell this stuff to support and fund civilian marksmanship, training, and shooting growth. It dates Way back, when the government/military understood trained shooters are a national resource, not a liability

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,123  
Looks like the only Garands they have in stock are $1000; and have new commercial stocks. Personally, I wouldn't pay $1k for a Garand; but lots of people seem to love them.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,124  
Many of the people buying the Garands have plans for different shooting events.
I was looking at one to use at matches till my shoulder decided that it wouldn't take any recoil anymore.
The M1A was never a military rifle it is Springfields answer to the M14 never being released as surplus to the public.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,125  
Looks like the only Garands they have in stock are $1000; and have new commercial stocks. Personally, I wouldn't pay $1k for a Garand; but lots of people seem to love them.
Many of them have documented history which can add significantly to the value. They also have several levels for all the guns. Nothing is really “in stock” they clean up and ship so what you see as in stock could just be the batch they are working on. It usually takes weeks to months for your packet/application to receive a weapon.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,126  
Wont pay a Grand for a Garand eh?;)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,127  
I got a CMP Garand a long time ago for $200 if I remember correctly. When it showed up, it was a late Winchester manufactured rifle that looked to be unissued.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,129  
A friend just purchased a M1 from them. Only spoke with him briefly yesterday so did not get any details. He was on the way to the Post Office to complete the purchase ? Said you couldn't just order without some special "paperwork" or ... something. Anyway $1000 is WAY too much for a M1.... at least for me.
I have a really cherry Russian SKS bought about 20 years ago for $125. Had the bayonet, cleaning kit, sling.... Now these are $450 and up ! Too bad I had sold it years ago. 😪

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,130  
Spike, I agree with you. But I am a shooter and not a collector of military weapons. There is an attraction to them and thus their "value".

Guns for me serve four purposes:
Competitive shooting
Killing varmints and game
Killing people...should it ever come to that
Fun...and for me that means cheap to shoot as I shoot a lot.

The Garand is not the best choice for any of them. Others think differently...and so the world turns.