TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,841  
Yes, My name is Joe. I will let you have that. I am Joe.... what does that mean?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,843  
The EZ mechanism specifically reduces the effort required to rack the slide. Built for folks with weaker hands.
At this point, given my MIL's age, just for the fact that she is interested, giving it some thought, I'm thinking the simpler the better. Although I would be curious to actually put my hands on one to see how "easy" it is. Doesn't look like any safeties but the grip, which is a plus.

On a side-note, I just had to dispatch a skunk out back (most likely rabies as he didn't take off after the first warning shot couple yards off to his left). Wanted to make it quick, I should have stopped at the second round with the 12 gauge. Have a mess to clean up tomorrow morning as I got to help my dad with a bath...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,844  
I'm thinking the simpler the better.

I agree. I am a hammerless DAO revolver fan. Not sure how she will carry but you can shoot them in a purse or pocket. Nothing to do but pull the trigger. She might consider moving up to 22 WMR in S&W or Tarus.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,846  
Picked up my CZ 457 22 mag (yes not wmr lol what's a 22wmr, well actually it is a wmr) topped it with a Burris fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm I picked up for $179.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,847  
Picked up my CZ 457 22 mag (yes not wmr lol what's a 22wmr, well actually it is a wmr) topped it with a Burris fullfield E1 4.5-14x42mm I picked up for $179.

I was talking about my Rossi RS 22 WMR w/Bushnell Banner 3x9x40, lol

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,848  
That was actually my line of thinking as well.

Let her move up to her pace and don't make any assumptions for her.
K.I.S.S.!!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,849  
My wife was similar, she couldn’t rack a slide. She wanted a revolver. Got her a .357 capable revolver and she learned to shoot that revolver with .38 Special. Turns out she was a natural with a revolver. Accurate and she has learned speed. I swear she can run 6 thru her DA revolver than I can run 6 thru a semi. And she is accurate even when running 6 quickly.

And now she can consistently shoot a SA with hot .45 Colt loads. Rest easy, it is a Blackhawk and can handle the loads

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,850  
I was talking about my Rossi RS 22 WMR w/Bushnell Banner 3x9x40, lol
I was just making a statement not based on anything posted. I guess I disrupted the thought/current flow of the thread. Sorry.