TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,911  
Saw this yesterday, came home and researched prices…guess I should have jumped. Haven’t seen one forever and almost jumped as it was.
166FC4E7-8C94-44D1-A98E-67BC495955B9.jpeg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,913  
Prices keep getting lower.

Bruce
That's the list price that they should sell for, but you'll notice they're out of stock. I don't believe Ruger/Marlin have got back to full production yet so the prices are staying high. The similar trapper model is also being made, but also limited production.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,914  
IIRC, the ad, when first posted, said they had one in stock.

Sold fast.

Bruce

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,915  
IIRC, the ad, when first posted, said they had one in stock.

Sold fast.

Bruce
I'll keep watching them and see if another pops up. Have you ever bought from them?

I also watch Buds Gun Shop as well as GunBroker.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,917  
Speaking of big bore levers, last Sunday, I went to Rural King, and stopped at gun counter. They had a Henry 45-70, 16" barrel, very nice looking gun, but... I think it was $1049, the barrel was scratched up in several areas, down to bare steel, from the metal racks they keep guns in. I did molest it, and one thing I definitely noted, it weighted about the same as my Henry H001, 22 LR. I'll bet that thing kicks, with its metal butt plate, thin stock, light weight, and some modern, spicy 45-70.

My Lever Gun want, no one makes from factory. I Want a 357 mag, wood stock, blued or stainless barrel, blued or case hardened action, and a threaded barrel. Specifically, I want a threaded barrel, but Not a plastic or rhino liner covered stock, not a MLOK or Keymod hand guard, not an over sized, tactical lever loop; and an 18" barrel. If I'm gonna pay Henry (or Marlin, Winchester, or heck, even Rossi money) I want Henry stock. The Henry-X, Marlin Triple Black, the Rossi Tactical, all look like Crap...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,918  
Unfortunately previous shoulder surgeries have told my body to tell me no more 45/70 levers!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,919  
I'm really starting to get the "I wants" for one of the Marlin/Ruger 1895 SBL .45-70 lever rifles. I love Marlin lever guns and already have a Marlin 1894 stainless .44mag, 1894 22M in .22mag and 1895 .410 with adjustable chokes (great homestead gun!) I've always wanted a 45-70 and the latest tweaks by Ruger has made the latest Marlin model perfect IMO.

Looking on GunBroker, they're starting to come down in price a little. I've seen a few posted as "Buy now" of $1900. The high water mark was about $2500 when they first came out.

It is my 56th birthday tomorrow 🤠🎂
Happy Birthday distant neighbor! Today is a good day to get that birthday present :cool:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,920  
I'm really starting to get the "I wants" for one of the Marlin/Ruger 1895 SBL .45-70 lever rifles. I love Marlin lever guns and already have a Marlin 1894 stainless .44mag, 1894 22M in .22mag and 1895 .410 with adjustable chokes (great homestead gun!) I've always wanted a 45-70 and the latest tweaks by Ruger has made the latest Marlin model perfect IMO.

Looking on GunBroker, they're starting to come down in price a little. I've seen a few posted as "Buy now" of $1900. The high water mark was about $2500 when they first came out.

It is my 56th birthday tomorrow 🤠

As have I-been waitlisted for one at Sportsmen’s for months-not going to pay a huge premium just to get my hands on one-I’ll wait until Ruger gets up to full production and shipping.

Sure is a pretty rifle and getting great reviews