TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,991  
Beautiful place!!

As far as snow, I enjoy snow blowing or plowing...I'd miss it if I didn't have to do it at some point.brothers
But, to each his own!!
Roy, it reminds me of my brother's place not far from hunt.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,992  
Beautiful place!!

As far as snow, I enjoy snow blowing or plowing...I'd miss it if I didn't have to do it at some point.
But, to each his own!!
Thanks..
Yeah, I used to do a lot of snow plowing and blowing.. glad I no longer do.
And as you say, to each his own..

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,994  
I'd love to blow and plow snow if it wasn't so darn cold. Hats off to all of you folks who go through real seasons. Temperature in the +teens (F) is cold to us out here.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,995  
Well you forgot about putting actual windows in, and a couple doors, Then I would have to add some more framing to close it up.. and then, dont forget all the insulation to keep all that wonderful "coolness" in!!

Oh, and I have a Harbor Freight Predator Generator .. a 8700 watt unit that I've had for a number of years! Works great, I can power everything in my house up with it.. maybe not all at once, but everything is not all running all at once anyway. I ran wires out to one of my outbuildings and set it up out there, excellent set up and excellent generator by the way.

And it doesnt suck to be me... if it gets too warm, in the pool I go.. And I never have to plow snow anymore!:D:love:

View attachment 756999
Are those sun shades Sunbrella brand? Just curious cause we make the cloth in the weaving plant where I work.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,996  
Are those sun shades Sunbrella brand? Just curious cause we make the cloth in the weaving plant where I work.
I dont think so, the blue ones are from Wayfair, the beige one is from sears.. not sure the brand names sorry.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #10,999  
So I got a little chance to play today. I recently acquired a 14" 30/30 barrel for my contender and thought I'd sight it in before dear season gets here. Brought my little carbine as well to make sure it was still on target. So a 30/30 Contender day. My carbine is pretty well dialed in but this is the first running of the pistol after putting the parts together.

Here's the toys

View attachment 756953

And the set up

View attachment 756951

First 3 shots with the carbine (I'll take it)
View attachment 756952

Took a little more finagling with the pistol, but it seems to be minute of deer anyway.

View attachment 756957

Oh, targets at 120 yards.. meant them to be at 100... but oh well.

And my playhouse this morning

View attachment 756954

POW right in the Kisser!
View attachment 756955

My new idea Tannerite post did not stand the test! 6x6 post with a 1/4 inch cap of aluminum on top

View attachment 756956
My factory T/C 14" Contender barrel prefers heavy bullets, seated long. My 1st 2 loads it prefers are 150 gr Nosler ballistic tips, and 150 gr Sierra gamekings. With either W-748 or IMR-3031.

It likes the 125 gr Sierra gamekings almost as much as the 150's.

I can dig up the actual recipes if you want.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,000  
My factory T/C 14" Contender barrel prefers heavy bullets, seated long. My 1st 2 loads it prefers are 150 gr Nosler ballistic tips, and 150 gr Sierra gamekings. With either W-748 or IMR-3031.

It likes the 125 gr Sierra gamekings almost as much as the 150's.

I can dig up the actual recipes if you want.
So mine is similar and likes the 150s also. I'm running Hornady 150 gr RN Interlocks over 33gr H4850 , My 18" tender carbine likes these loads even though I originally cooked them up for my Marlin lever rifle! Thought I would give them a try one day in the tender and they worked so well I kept them as my hunting load in the Contender. What I want to do now is try some 150gr BTs and Accubonds with the same load and see how they do. I have some on hand so I thought I'd give it a shot (pun intended). I need to play a bit more with the 14" barrel but right now at least it is MOD. I had a 14" barrel for years , traded it off like an idiot a few years ago,( I was smart enough to keep my Tasco Pro Class scope though) and I need to go find some old recipes I have used..
Always glad to hear different recipes though..