TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,031  
That's a really cool avatar image you have there. Was it an accident or did you set it up that way.
Thanks, it was set up and I stole it from somewhere...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,033  
I vote in every election, I also live in a super nanny state which I detest.
The candidates that I vote for very seldom win and almost never win a statewide election.
The large population centers outvote the rural areas, all of the time.
I am represented by two State Senators like everyone else in this nation,
unfortunately because of the way the state is divided into districts the large population centers
control both seats so even though I have representation in the Senate it certainly does not and
has never in recent history represented me.
I also have several reason to live in this state which are not changeable.
Also I do not whine but I sure as heck can and do ***** and will continue to do so.
Welcome to the United States?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,035  
Today's gun time; loaded 3 rounds of 300BLK with 200gr Lee cast PC bullets, and 9.6gr SW Blackout. Stupid quite, bit didn't eject or function gun. Gonna creep up, going in 0.3gr steps too see if I can keep subsonic and also get function. 16 in carbine gas.
Just dumped them into dirt, got to redo some stuff with my range and backstop.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,037  
Today's gun time; loaded 3 rounds of 300BLK with 200gr Lee cast PC bullets, and 9.6gr SW Blackout. Stupid quite, bit didn't eject or function gun. Gonna creep up, going in 0.3gr steps too see if I can keep subsonic and also get function. 16 in carbine gas.
Just dumped them into dirt, got to redo some stuff with my range and backstop.

Did u put them through a chronograph?
I ask cause I’m working up a load and curious about how others do subsonics.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,038  
No chrono here. I based my loads off of some Shooters World 208gr Amax data (10.2gr), reduced for the reduced weight projectiles. Didn't want to reduce too much, but figured reduce and then work back up in 0.2 gr jumps, till I get function and subsonic. I do know some powers, you won't get function at subsonic velocities; especially with lighter projectiles. Book listed 10.2grs with 208, 16 in barrel, right at 1050 fps, I believe. Honestly, I don't know what the speed of sound is around here (N FLa, 120 ft above sea level, high humidity, and high temperatures).

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,039  
Don't have an adjustable gas block to tweak cycling? There may be other options out there.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,040  
I considered getting, the Odinworks, "Tunable" gas block, but ended up cheaping out and getting a generic low profile block. If I need too, I probably will play with buffer, ect, because I would like to shoot 200gr cast bullets in this. Subsonic with jacketed bullets, even loading your own, gets upwards of $0.50/shot. More stuff too try; and I do have Hodgodon CFE BlK to try as well. Might take a look at data, my local store has IMR 4198 at a good price, and I might be able to track down IMR4227 or Accurage 1680.

Last edited: