TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,081  
Re: Locking doors at night. My dog would alarm at the door opening, but I lock my doors so I won't have to shoot an intruder. Now if they are going to break widows and try to enter that's on them and I'll defend my wife and home.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,082  
Most of us folks that live in the country. Most of us don't lock our vehicles. In fact, many leave the keys in them.
I live in the country, and dont lock my vehicles, but sure as hell am not dumb enough to leave the keys in them!!

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,083  
Meth has really changed a lot of the dynamic with rural living and security. Very common where I’m at for meth abuses to be caught on trail cams or living in blinds on hunting leases. Obviously if they come across something they can trade for their next hit they’ll grab it up, especially if it’s easy (I.e. not locked up/secured).

Not sure if anyone watches Warrior Poet on YouTube, he lives north of me a few hrs and just had a guy show up on his porch close to ODing. This is a guy that makes a really good living on teaching security and doing security assessments.

All that to say, we have dogs, locked doors, radios on anyone who leaves sight of the house and most are carrying some sort of defensive tool. Not out of fear, we love where and how we live, it’s just prudence. In five years we had what I think was a rabbid yote (tested negative), wild boar fight the LGDs instead of leaving, and countless snakes there’s plenty out there to carry a big stick for outside of two leggers.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,084  
I live in the country, and dont lock my vehicles, but sure as hell am not dumb enough to leave the keys in them!!
I leave the keys in.

But only have manual shift vehicles. I doubt any meth head could get a rig backed out of the shed.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,085  
Meth has really changed a lot of the dynamic with rural living and security. Very common where I’m at for meth abuses to be caught on trail cams or living in blinds on hunting leases. Obviously if they come across something they can trade for their next hit they’ll grab it up, especially if it’s easy (I.e. not locked up/secured).

Not sure if anyone watches Warrior Poet on YouTube, he lives north of me a few hrs and just had a guy show up on his porch close to ODing. This is a guy that makes a really good living on teaching security and doing security assessments.

All that to say, we have dogs, locked doors, radios on anyone who leaves sight of the house and most are carrying some sort of defensive tool. Not out of fear, we love where and how we live, it’s just prudence. In five years we had what I think was a rabbid yote (tested negative), wild boar fight the LGDs instead of leaving, and countless snakes there’s plenty out there to carry a big stick for outside of two leggers.
I've got a pair of Size 11 work boots, and two dog food bowls on the front porch.

English isn't the only language! ;-)

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,087  
I leave the keys in.

But only have manual shift vehicles. I doubt any meth head could get a rig backed out of the shed.
Didn't help with my F350, as they stole the right fender off of it!
David from Jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,088  
Today I was shooting the Killer Instinct Burner 415, making sure everything was good for bow season coming up. On the 4th time cocking it, I heard pop. Was worried about the limb, but at that point, it was already cocked, so I shot it, and then checked. Yep, right limb has cracked. Never dry fired, probably less then 100 shots over its life time... Looking up the life time warranty; it had to be registered in first 30 days, and you have to have the original reciept. Sent Killer Instinct message, but even if they do warranty work, I'm probably screwed for season opener.

Now, I'm not sure if I want to wait on warranty, or possibly do a paid repair, get a new xbow, or get a vertical bow...

I did like the Burner 415, it's Fast (415 fps with the light arrows, and 100 gr heads; although I used heavier arrows with 125 gr heads), and it was accurate, but I pretty annoyed by the the durability. I dont want to drop $1000 on a Raven or other flagship xbow. Anyone use the Bear-X 400 fps?

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,089  
Today I was shooting the Killer Instinct Burner 415, making sure everything was good for bow season coming up. On the 4th time cocking it, I heard pop. Was worried about the limb, but at that point, it was already cocked, so I shot it, and then checked. Yep, right limb has cracked. Never dry fired, probably less then 100 shots over its life time... Looking up the life time warranty; it had to be registered in first 30 days, and you have to have the original reciept. Sent Killer Instinct message, but even if they do warranty work, I'm probably screwed for season opener.

Now, I'm not sure if I want to wait on warranty, or possibly do a paid repair, get a new xbow, or get a vertical bow...

I did like the Burner 415, it's Fast (415 fps with the light arrows, and 100 gr heads; although I used heavier arrows with 125 gr heads), and it was accurate, but I pretty annoyed by the the durability. I dont want to drop $1000 on a Raven or other flagship xbow. Anyone use the Bear-X 400 fps?
Got Bear intense a couple of years ago. Works well but the bear nock likes to cut servings. I just us normal half moon nocks. I love the narrow design once cocked - allows me travel through the wood like I would with a lever action. Currently using some heavier bolts and broadheads (~410 grain) instead of the Bear X setup (~380 grain). Installed a speed comp scope and it works well for me. Still takes more effort to find the bolt than the deer. It replaced a barnett jackal so a big step up.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,090  
That sucks. Im a 10 point guy but anytime equipment goes down before season sucks