TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,091  
As an update, the crossbow was registered, and the limbs will be covered. Downside, they said, I can either pay to ship the bow, both directions, and parts and labor are free (didn't mention turn around time) or they would ship limbs, and I could pay a local shop to install.

Not super thrilled with that 'warranty',, but I'm having the limbs shipped and talked to local feed store (also sell guns, bows, lots of stuff) and they can install within next day after dropping off bow and limbs. Didn't ask price, but sounds like with a proper bow press, it's like 15 minutes to do the swap.

Edit: Wife asked why I don't just upgrade to a better Xbow; which I might, but there seems to be a big group of ~400 fps xbows around $350-450; and then the ones going for $750+. Don't know what really separates the models, brands, ect.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,092  
As an update, the crossbow was registered, and the limbs will be covered. Downside, they said, I can either pay to ship the bow, both directions, and parts and labor are free (didn't mention turn around time) or they would ship limbs, and I could pay a local shop to install.

Not super thrilled with that 'warranty',, but I'm having the limbs shipped and talked to local feed store (also sell guns, bows, lots of stuff) and they can install within next day after dropping off bow and limbs. Didn't ask price, but sounds like with a proper bow press, it's like 15 minutes to do the swap.

Edit: Wife asked why I don't just upgrade to a better Xbow; which I might, but there seems to be a big group of ~400 fps xbows around $350-450; and then the ones going for $750+. Don't know what really separates the models, brands, ect.
The price! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,093  
The price!
First Google result for a "best 400 fps crossbow" lol.
Screenshot_20220829-172404_Chrome.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,095  
$4k for a crossbow?? YIKES!!
I am not looking for anything like that, but I googled the Garmin sight on that thing; $1800; does auto laser ranging, interactive cross hairs that auto correct for range; center dot expands and contracts based on movement, illumination auto senses ambient light conditions, and it records shot angles and GPS coordinates. I never knew this kind of tech existed. Crazy the stuff that is out there now.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,096  
I think they got something similar for compound bows also.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,097  
If you look at the orange army these you would think it deer are impossible to kill by mere mortals. I know folks that spend 10k-20k per year to hunt. I'm annoyed if I waste a shot or lose an arrow. Still mad about missing and loosing a bolt last season, stupid grape vine........

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,098  
My grandad killed many deer with a Bear 45# recurve, shooting fletcher wooden arrows, with the, back in style, fixed blade one piece broad heads, back in the day. What I dont know, is if they where shooting much beyond 10-20 yards back then. Now, it's not unheard of to have guys taking 70+ yard vertical bow shots on game, and over a 100 yards on 3d archery targets.

All that said, I wouldn't take a string and stick over a 400+ fps crossbow, or 310 fps vertical bow. It's a constant battle between improving archery/muzzle loader effectiveness, and still a small group that wants the "primitive" stuff. If Florida allowed it; I would be shooting an air bow in archery, hands down.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,099  
If you look at the orange army these you would think it deer are impossible to kill by mere mortals. I know folks that spend 10k-20k per year to hunt. I'm annoyed if I waste a shot or lose an arrow. Still mad about missing and loosing a bolt last season, stupid grape vine........
We where talking about this at work, and did some internet searches; and the figures where a Bit surprising;
Nationwide;
roughly 15 million licensed hunters in 2018
average amount spent; $1800 per year per hunter. (They didn't discuss what went into this figure; leases, travel, ect)

Point being; we see TV hunters and all; and we all know those guys that have 12 deer dogs, a hunting truck, a tractor for the lease food plots, Sitka/FirstLite camo; ect; but with an average of $1800; most guys are making do with walmart/academy store brand camo; a mid range rifle; ect.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,100  
Hassan Air Harpoon, shoots standard Xbow 20" bolts at 580 fps; 10 shots per cylinder.
Screenshot_20220830-221633_Chrome.jpg