TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,261  
I’m a huge fan of Hornady Critical Duty,

Same here
Wife uses their Critical Defense in her .380 and both 9mm, and I use their XTPs in my .38 Special snubby. I've grown to like their stuff over the years, both factory loads and components.

Never tried the Critical Duty. Guess we'll have to give them a spin, too.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,262  
Gene, the Sig 365 is near the top of our list too. If my fiancé goes with the Sig, it will be in 9mm.

If recoil is an issue, I can reload 9mm down a bit for practice rounds. With the 9mm we could standardize on one self defense round for all our carry guns and that makes things simple. I use the 124 Gold Dots currently and have a bunch of factory ammo. Plus, I can buy the Gold Dot bullets and reload them.
Bride and I have similar caliber Sigs. and while I like having the same ammo, I worry that if one runs out of ammo, both will. I try to diversify a little with my other guns.
David from jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,263  
Hey Hunt4570, here are the "need work" stock pictures I promised. The duct tape is holding the ear off the side of the receiver that is broken off.
David from jax 20220920_232210.jpg20220920_232225.jpg

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,264  
Hey Hunt4570, here are the "need work" stock pictures I promised. The duct tape is holding the ear off the side of the receiver that is broken off.
David from jax View attachment 763370View attachment 763369
I may be interested in the RH thumbhole at the right price. I am kind of a thumbhole fan on the contender. And I can fix that other one and send it back if you would like.
IMG_3338.JPG

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,265  
I may be interested in the RH thumbhole at the right price. I am kind of a thumbhole fan on the contender. And I can fix that other one and send it back if you would like.
I think we can work out something on that thumbhole stock. You do realize it hasn't been completed since it started out as a blank piece of wood! I would probably charge the same thing I charged Slowpoke Slim for that lefty stock, which was just shipping.
. I would appreciate the repair of the other one if you don't mind taking the time to fix it. I have a use for it right now, but the time to repair it is my issue. I don't get all my honey-do list done as it is, lol!
Send me a PM with your name, address and phone number and I will try to box it up first chance I get.
David from Jax

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,266  
Shot the new CVA Wolf V2 today. It was pretty late, and only fired 5 shots, then figured I better clean up before dark. 100grs of Pyrodex powder, with Traditions TFP Jacket Hallow Points, 240grs. Still need to fine tune zero, but I noticed that even adjusting scope up 8 clicks (2" at 100/1" at 50 yards), impact wasn't moving up as much. Figure maybe fouling could be an issue?

I was surprised by the mild recoil with 100grs of powder. It's magnum rated (150gr powder), but my quick loader only goes upto 120grs. Don't plan to shoot magnum loads much, but I will probably try 150grs at some point.

I also picked up a brush, barrel mop, some bore blaster, pre soaked patches, and a pound of Triple 7 powder, and some Barnes Expander MZ 300gr bullets.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,267  
Besides being hunting season and checking the hunting rifle last weekend and screwing around with a few other things, today I decided to get myself set up for some winter trigger time... In my shop I took some of my reclaimed wood and made a plank with 1x6's in front of 2x4's in about a 3' square and made a shelf about 8" up from the bottom, hung that mess from one of the truss support 2x6's using a harbor freight bike lift pulley system... on the shelf I put my bullet trap (Champion? the one that is rated for .22lr that's usually $50ish), a pellet trap with swinging targets and a little Gamo pellet trap target holder... This way I can screw with any of my pellet guns in the shop and with most of them if I miss by a little bit I'm covered since the blanket insulation and tin won't stop much...

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,268  
I took 3 hogs with the POF Revolution last weekend. I ended up mounting a Trijicon Credo HX 1-6 x 24 with BDC .308 hold reticle scope using a LaRue mount.

I'm very impressed with the POF. For anyone looking for an AR in .308 or 6.5CM, the POF Revolution would be at the top of my list. It's very light (6.8lbs.) for an AR platform. They have a couple of other models that are even lighter, but to me, the Revolution had good balance between weight and features.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,269  
I'm very impressed with the POF.
POF makes good stuff. The price will reflect that though.

On a cheaper note, FINALLY got my new PSA AK out yesterday when a buddy came over. Honestly for the price point, seems to be a great rifle, we were both impressed with the trigger. Per price point, trigger and accuracy, very happy with it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #11,270  
Finally cooled off a bit and I was able to go hunting. Shot my first doe of the year, pretty small one... but that is pretty much all we have here, small ones. Very unfertile soil, basically just sand so our deer are pretty small, no nutrients in anything.
Anyway, one shot with my 6.5CM at a lazered 313 yards, bang flop right where she stood. Man I love my Tikka in 6.5... Hornady 129gr SST over AA 4350 load works well also!
IMG_8591.JPG

IMG_8592.JPG

Last edited: