TODAYS SEAT TIME

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
I love mine. And I don't have a trailer that can haul it, so no one can borrow it.
I need to hire somebody to come in for a day to do the major things I want done. (I don't borrow anything which I can't replace.)

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
I love mine. And I don't have a trailer that can haul it, so no one can borrow it.

I’m thinking about buying this one. It’s hard to go wrong with tax deductions.
IMG_0261.JPG

Williy

Platinum Member
Tractor
Yanmar YT 235C Yannar YRC 60 rotary cutter, Yanmar RT72 rotary tiller B75 Backhoe & bucket & thumb
Great! then you can come over here and
remove this clump of cedar stumps!;)
Just catch a sky hook and come on over!
Think is grew in a crack or between 2 very
large rocks. Maybe burn the darn thing out!
No rush first thing I will try is cut the top off
if I can get under it if not FIRE!

willy

BackRoad

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota MX6000, MF 35
Meaning standard business use tax deductions Mr 4570?

I'd adopt it and rename it "Koma" if I could claim it as another dependent on my regular taxes!!!

Sawyer Rob

Tractor
several brands
I bought this 60hp AGCO farm tractor from my neighbor, he had bought it new,

Lk0TqcF
Resized-20200731-192458-4252-S.jpg

Anyway, I had put quite a few hrs. on it when it was his and I always liked the tractor, LOT'S of low end grunt, and very miserly on fuel use.

We only used it for haying, mostly running a 9' haybine and a rotary rake, so it's in very good shape and had just under 1600 hrs. on it, plus the price was right.

I know he's good about keeping things greased and engine oils up to date, but when I asked him when he last changed the hydraulic oil, he said "never", so that went on my "to do" list, and after putting about 60 hrs. on it, today was the day.

BOY, was this hydraulic filter ever a bear to get off! Easy to get at, but NOT to get off, it was waaay to tight, and of course it had never been off from new.

gSjwTYH
20210915-110326-S.jpg

I bent the only filter wrench I had big enough to go around it, so that was a no-go, so out comes the big long screwdriver and a hammer. Even that took two tries as the first time just destroyed the canister trying to turn it!

Anyway, it's done now, so all is good! lol

SR

Last edited:

Jstpssng

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3301
Lk0TqcF
Resized-20200731-192458-4252-S.jpg

Anyway, I had put quite a few hrs. on it when it was his and I always liked the tractor, LOT'S of low end grunt, and very miserly on fuel use.

We only used it for haying, mostly running a 9' haybine and a rotary rake, so it's in very good shape and had just under 1600 hrs. on it, plus the price was right.

I know he's good about keeping things greased and engine oils up to date, but when I asked him when he last changed the hydraulic oil, ne said "never", so that went on my "to do" list, and after putting about 60 hrs. on it, today was the day.

BOY, was this hydraulic filter ever a bear to get off! Easy to get at, but NOT to get off, it was waaay to tight, and of course it had never been off from new.

gSjwTYH
20210915-110326-S.jpg

I bent the only filter wrench I had big enough to go around it, so that was a no-go, so out comes the big long screwdriver and a hammer. Even that took two tries as the first time just destroyed the canister trying to turn it!

Anyway, it's done now, so all is good! lol

SR
I had the same problem with my first brand new truck, a 1983 Ranger. I’d had the dealer do the services until the warranty ran out, and they must not have oiled the filter gasket before putting it back on.

Sawyer Rob

Tractor
several brands

I had the same problem with my first brand new truck, a 1983 Ranger. I’d had the dealer do the services until the warranty ran out, and they must not have oiled the filter gasket before putting it back on.
Well, I think the factory put that filter on TIGHT, then it was on there for a lot of years...

I have the tractor all loaded up for tomorrow, I'm headed back to work with it. I've already made as much money with that tractor, as I paid for it, so it's all gravy from now on...

Why not have more than one tractor ?, when they pay for themselves!

SR

Sawyer Rob

Tractor
several brands
I was rotary cutting today, about 50 miles from here at my customer/friends cabin... That place is a never ending job, with all the things he wants done there...

Anyway, here's one of the spots I rotary cut today,

Resized-20210916-165453-4598-S.jpg

It's a nice place to work, and I have the run of the place, many times he isn't even there. He would like me to just stay there, but I only do that every once in a while.

Here's another pict. of the cabin, (I've shown it before)

Resized-20210916-164028-291-S.jpg

SR