TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,786  
More freebies, all I had to do is go them with the loader tractor,

Resized-20210924-145538-7013-S.jpg

The plan is to put an overhead electric hoist in my sawmill shed..

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,787  
I haven’t used the backhoe in around a year. The egress window has started holding water. Since I don’t have the time to tackle redoing the otherwise functional drain tile, I came up with this. It took a few minutes to get back in the swing of things. Where the hill stops is just under where the base of the well is. I used this 20’ piece of 4”, just to see how it looked.

In the morning, I’m going to pick up some Schedule 80 and lay that in. It looks like I’ll have around 2” of drop, over around 15’, which should be enough.

The middle is dug way too deeply. The way I was sitting on the hill and my lack of recent backhoe time threw me off and I kept the same depth, for the first ten feet, before I realized what I had done.
Reminder: get your ass off and look at what you’re doing (More).

980A06E4-22F5-45A8-AF58-C89B6A2B5BF1.png

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,788  
I’d remove the pipe and backfill the trench to the proper grade and compact it the best you can. You don’t want to just start shoving dirt over the pipe like it is. I wouldn’t bother using schedule 80 either. The pipe you already have is plenty good enough.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,789  
And maybe put an extension on the downspout near the corner of the adjacent wall to run drainage farther out from the foundation?

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #12,790  
I’d remove the pipe and backfill the trench to the proper grade and compact it the best you can. You don’t want to just start shoving dirt over the pipe like it is. I wouldn’t bother using schedule 80 either. The pipe you already have is plenty good enough.

I’ll get it filled in, before I put the new pipe in. I’ll tamp it, as I go. I plan to use the schedule 80, so it will last longer. The end will be cut at an angle and I’ll have to mow over it. Price difference isn’t enough to matter (well, it used to not be….). I have another use, for the 4”. Plus, I don’t want the pipe very big. Just big enough to move small amounts of water, but small enough to not be as inviting to as many critters. I’ll see what kind of caps are available, tomorrow.

And maybe put an extension on the downspout near the corner of the adjacent wall to run drainage farther out from the foundation?

It has extensions. I took them off so I didn’t accidentally crush them, with the tractor. In the near future is a bunch of dirt work, but I had this project and a couple of others that need done, first. The dirt will be brought up to near where the bottom of the downspout is. I need a lot of dirt. Roughly 40 tons….