TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,642  
Cut back a little bit more of my perimeter treeline. Lessons learned:

• * Hedge is a cast-iron ***** to remove; the roots are as tough as the rest of the tree
  • * Always drag trees far enough that they won't be in the way of dragging the next tree out
  • * Be sure the trailer is securely fastened to the ball
  • * If it took an FEL to put on the trailer, don't try to throw it off the trailer by hand

About that last one: seriously. I almost killed myself. Lifted the log up onto one end and tried to throw it over so it'd fall off the end of the trailer and into the ditch, but it didn't quite make it. Fortunately, I saw it stop and reverse in enough time to push it off to the side, but another second or so and it would have fallen directly back on me. Be safe out there, y'all.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,644  
My BX sits for several weeks at a time in the winter with no battery problems... Of course I'm not in Maine. :) A trickle/maintenance charger might be in order when it's sitting.

Ian

Good idea:thumbsup: Wasn't big deal whlr with cables was sitting right next to it. Jumped it yesterday moved to the garage and replaced axial joint. Going outside in a few to clean up 2in of snow that fell overnight.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,645  
relocated some skids to put firewood { if i ever can get any cut } & moved some rocks to a different location.

i have a mudd farm there is mud everywhere.

my first attempt at posting pix, will it work, here goes..

candyman

Attachments

• DSCN2245.JPG
    DSCN2245.JPG
    984.8 KB · Views: 275
  • DSCN2244.JPG
    DSCN2244.JPG
    924.5 KB · Views: 244
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,646  
hot damm, it worked..

cm

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,647  
I dragged my car up my icy driveway this morning... 10 minutes of seat time and 20 min. late to work:eek: I should've known to leave it at the top of the hill last night.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,648  
I used to live in a place like that. Get a snow forecast and I'd be putting those cable type chains on and parking at the top the night before. Drive 5 miles to the main road that the county maintained, pull off, remove chains, drive the remaining hour and 15 to work. That winter fairly sucked. I moved the next summer.

Ian

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,649  
I used to live in a place like that. Get a snow forecast and I'd be putting those cable type chains on and parking at the top the night before. Drive 5 miles to the main road that the county maintained, pull off, remove chains, drive the remaining hour and 15 to work. That winter fairly sucked. I moved the next summer.

Ian

This winter has been the worst in our 8 years here for freezing and thawing causing an ice rink driveway... Usually its one or two weeks in spring we get this problem but not off and on all winter. I'll have to watch the forcast more closely to decide where to leave the car from now on.:laughing:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #1,650  
Spent the last couple days finishing up next year's firewood and making room for the 2013/14 wood delivery coming this week.
I also got a few utility poles earlier this year that needed to be moved out of the way before the wood comes. They are heavy. I used the grapple to push them most of the way. The tractor couldn't lift them completely so I did one end at a time.

Attachments

• 8 Cord  Delivery.jpg
    8 Cord Delivery.jpg
    242.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 8 cord  tree length cut.jpg
    8 cord tree length cut.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 245
  • 12 ft 4 cord.jpg
    12 ft 4 cord.jpg
    305.8 KB · Views: 240
  • 2013 Wood.jpg
    2013 Wood.jpg