TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,111  
Once my freezer is full, everything is going to local Food Bank. Have wanted to do this for many years, grow for the needy.
200 pounds in, how many pounds out? We should have a lottery for closest answer, assuming I was going to weigh it all...
if I get 10x returns, that's a ton of potatoes, literally and figuratively!

I would never do anything to this scale if the very nice head of the local Food Bank did not tell me Drew you grow it, we'll eat it, and better...
give us a few days notice, and we'll get volunteers in to help pick the corn and potatoes. That was my green light to have some fun.

That's a great gesture that should be a lot of fun. We used to do similar.
Some fertilizer and weed control will really up the yield. Lack of it will reduce the yield.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,112  
That's a great gesture that should be a lot of fun. We used to do similar.
Some fertilizer and weed control will really up the yield. Lack of it will reduce the yield.

10-10-10 being used generously, using the ancient Super A with fertilizer hopper to side dress as I cultivate.
Just finished planting last row, hilled this one first to see if it makes a difference. Potatoes are popping up in several rows.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,113  
Hauled some pallets from the barn to hold plastic over my 'new to me' safe until I can get a building made for it. Had to use the loader to assist the rollback once the safe was out on the end of the bed. Seems their truck was only rated for 12,000lbs; same as the safe weighs. My loader was barely enough extra lift to make it happen.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,114  
Once my freezer is full, everything is going to local Food Bank. Have wanted to do this for many years, grow for the needy.
200 pounds in, how many pounds out? We should have a lottery for closest answer, assuming I was going to weigh it all...

I would never do anything to this scale if the very nice head of the local Food Bank did not tell me Drew you grow it, we'll eat it, and better...
give us a few days notice, and we'll get volunteers in to help pick the corn and potatoes. That was my green light to have some fun.
Good on you! :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,115  
Good on you! :thumbsup:

thanks, last row in today before more rain comes in. Hilled this one first to try something different. Super A enjoyed getting out...
Then I hilled my neighbor's small garden behind his trailer which is no longer liveable so that he could plant something to feed himself and then
returned with the pull behind tiller and pulverized the tops so it was ready to plant. He's in pretty bad shape and I'm trying to get him to focus on the
simple and achievable vs grandiose plans. His income is about $10k a year...

Attachments

• DSCN0948.JPG
    DSCN0948.JPG
    528.7 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0595[1].JPG
    IMG_0595[1].JPG
    6 MB · Views: 118
   / TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,116  
thanks, last row in today before more rain comes in. Hilled this one first to try something different. Super A enjoyed getting out...
Then I hilled my neighbor's small garden behind his trailer which is no longer liveable so that he could plant something to feed himself and then
returned with the pull behind tiller and pulverized the tops so it was ready to plant. He's in pretty bad shape and I'm trying to get him to focus on the
simple and achievable vs grandiose plans. His income is about $10k a year...

Good for you! It's nice to help somebody who is less fortunate, but trying to help himself. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,117  

I commend you for your efforts to help the needy. :thumbsup:

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,119  
Got the hopefully last nor'easter of the year going on. Spent an hour or so after work scraping the hill down to gravel so vehicles could be parked where they belong. This stuff just rolled right up. My hope is that it's all but done and I won't have too much to worry about come morning.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,120  
Got the hopefully last nor'easter of the year going on. Spent an hour or so after work scraping the hill down to gravel so vehicles could be parked where they belong. This stuff just rolled right up. My hope is that it's all but done and I won't have too much to worry about come morning.
Funny, a nor easter here is welcome... generally cool, but dry clear air here!