TODAYS SEAT TIME

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,131  
I was skidding firewood today,

standard.jpg

SR

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,132  
I like my hills and woods. They can keep their flat land.

+1. It looks nice in photos, but there is no place like home in Almost Heaven!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,133  
+1. It looks nice in photos, but there is no place like home in Almost Heaven!

Agreed... I'll keep my slice of hillside... pictures of beautiful mountain vistas are awesome to view, and I can appreciate them for what they are, in all their splendor. But I'm a hillbilly at heart, and my roots are firmly in these hills of Appalachia...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,134  
I forgot to add... a little seat time today, but just a little. Mostly spring maintenance. Made some repairs to the loader bucket, welded nuts on the sides where some holes were stripped out from using them to hold a bucket extender in place over the past 5 years, put the extender on, and moved a refrigerator from our shed back to the rental house. Later, I took off the box blade, and put the brush hog on, to get it ready for this season's abuse. Put new blades on, greased the drive shaft, and checked the gear oil. Replace missing grease fittings on the tail wheel axle, and pivot tube. Need to weld up a couple cracks in the back deck, been bashed into a few too many bushes and small trees... but it got dark, I got tired, and might have had a few beers by that point.

Earlier, I put a front wheel bearing in my truck, and helped the oldest boy on his Cobalt, needed a MAP sensor...

Busy day, nice to be home, and outside getting things done...

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,135  
Thursday - Saturday I got some time in burning some brush in the front yard. Took a few trees down and added them to the pile.

Never had so much fun doing yard work!IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1463.JPG

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,136  
I tried out the new brush hog blades this evening, was going to do more, but got a whiff of antifreeze after mowing about 20-30 minutes. Also noticed temp gauge not working. Headed back to the barn, but no evidence of coolant leaks, overflow tank was below the 'low' line. Didn't seem hot... topped off the tank, air hosed the dust and chaff out of the radiator, grill screen, and engine compartment. I'd much prefer an old school mechanical temp gauge.

Otherwise, blades cut great!

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,137  
Today's seat time was about 30 minutes of pushing up a burn pile. I've been gutting a building. It's a cobbled up mess and was all peg board, osb board or paneling. I hauled off 3 loads today and I'll have one more burn pile load. I feel bad for everyone who doesn't have a dump truck. It's not a beauty queen, but it's the most useful vehicle I've ever had.

image-89745595.jpg

image-2546641182.jpg

image-1252199632.jpg

image-2075075762.jpg

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,138  
The same thing I have done with it for over a week . . . . nothing. It has been at the dealers for repairs. A nearly complete electrical failure. No power to the glow plugs, turn indicators, fuel gauge, temperature gauge or glow plug timer.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,139  
The same thing I have done with it for over a week . . . . nothing. It has been at the dealers for repairs. A nearly complete electrical failure. No power to the glow plugs, turn indicators, fuel gauge, temperature gauge or glow plug timer.

Bummer. Electrical harness issue?
Surprised on a new tractor. Don't read about major electrical failures much. Probably something simple and hard to find.
Hopefully they have someone qualified to diagnose.

/ TODAYS SEAT TIME #8,140  
Today's seat time was about 30 minutes of pushing up a burn pile. I've been gutting a building. It's a cobbled up mess and was all peg board, osb board or paneling. I hauled off 3 loads today and I'll have one more burn pile load. I feel bad for everyone who doesn't have a dump truck. It's not a beauty queen, but it's the most useful vehicle I've ever had.

View attachment 545923

View attachment 545922

View attachment 545921

View attachment 545920

I envy guys who can just burn up stuff like that and be done with it. I would save it and have a barn full of junk that never got used. I agree about having a dump truck !

gg