Todays shop time.

/ Todays shop time. #571  
Cool bird bigtiller. I enjoy making things out of metal. I finished up a pair of gates Saturday, they are made of old futon metal. We have what we call a dog chute off our deck that allows the pooches into the back yard to play. Issue is it blocks the way to get around the house on that side. These gates attach to the fence posts with simple pinned hinges. So far I'm very happy with them.

gate.jpg

/ Todays shop time. #572  
Your in a different league than me, looks good!

/ Todays shop time. #573  
Cool bird bigtiller. I enjoy making things out of metal. I finished up a pair of gates Saturday, they are made of old futon metal. We have what we call a dog chute off our deck that allows the pooches into the back yard to play. Issue is it blocks the way to get around the house on that side. These gates attach to the fence posts with simple pinned hinges. So far I'm very happy with them.

View attachment 561904

Nice job on the gates. I like the curved top!

/ Todays shop time. #574  
Your in a different league than me, looks good!

Nice job on the gates. I like the curved top!

Thank you. I thought the curved top would look neat and it gave me a little extra height to discourage my German Shepherd from jumping it. The lower vertical pieces I had on hand were only a bit longer than they are on the gate. BTW, I love that Everlast welder you can see in the picture. :)

/ Todays shop time. #575  
How did you bend the rectangular tubing for the top?

/ Todays shop time. #578  
Here's a picture of my pooch looking out one of the gates. A bit of a glare and they are only held closed with bungies until I get the real latches on. Now on to someone else's shop time post. :D

gate-pooch.jpg

/ Todays shop time. #579  
I’ve been working on refurbishing this old Ellis and saw off and on for the last month. Pretty much done. Built new in and outfeed roller tables, ditched the wheel kit and raised the table height to 32” so I wouldn’t have to bend over so far. (Getting old SUCKS)

IMG_0963.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_0964.JPG
IMG_1213.JPG
Clipboard mount seeing as how I have difficulty remembering measurements....
IMG_1214.JPG

My version of “micro adjust” stop for material cut length.

IMG_1365.JPG

I’m trying an old toothbrush for blade cleaning and it seems to work but looks kind of hoaky. Might have to rig up a small rotary brush.
IMG_1364.JPG

Last edited:
   / Todays shop time. #580  
A rotary brush at a slight angle is a good blade cleaner. Still a mess no matter what though.