Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #21  
This is for wife's horse barn. She has to fill the heated watering tub for her hay-burners every couple days.
My goal is to stay away from any hose that has "increased restrictions" (kinks & the "scars" they leave after straightening), because the Campbell water hydrant we have in unheated barn has a tendency to eventually leak where the hydrant's stem exits the hydrant body and connects to the handle, despite repeated attempts at packing/sealing. A contributing cause of this leak is from whatever pressure is created downstream (hose) when hydrant is turned on.
Right now we are cutting a lot (3) of the kinks out and replacing them with splices.

I like the idea of flex hoses being compact and easy to carry to a heated space (house basement), but don't see this as everyday solution, maybe as a back-up.
I want to stay away from flex hoses as I assume it has a lot of flow restriction due to its nature.

Air compressor and blowing lines routine out would be too complicated for wife.

I think that beyond a good hose, one of the solutions might involve a good reel.
Right now when she pulls hose back into barn, she runs an end over a rafter and slowly pulls it over the rafter to drain as she coils it on floor. I think one of the problems might be when she pulls it back out next time, something in the coil snags or doesn't twist, etc...and a kink is formed.
So a reel might fix the unwinding problem, but I don't see a good way to drain the hose that would remain on the reel. I think we'd have to pull the hose completely off it every time and connect directly to hydrant.

How long of a hose is necessary? I’m wondering if you could run a heating cable either through or around a hose to prevent freezing...

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #23  
$60 air compressor: 3 gallon 1/3 HP 1 PSI Oil-Free Pancake Air Compressor
1/4" NPT to hose adapter: FASPARTS 1/4" Female NPT FPT FIP to 3/4" Male GHT Garden Hose Thread Adapter Brass Fitting Fuel / Air / Water / Boat / Gas / Oil WOG House / Boat / Lawn / Power Wash / Irrigation: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
1/4" shutoff valve: Lead-Free Forged Brass In-Line Ball Shut Off Valve, Quarter Turn, 1/4" Male NPT (MNPT) X 1/4" Female NPT (FNPT): Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
1/4" nipple: EDGE INDUSTRIAL Brass Long Nipple 1/4" X 1/4", 3" Length, Male NPT MNPT Fuel/AIR/ Water/Oil/ Gas WOG: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
Set the regulator to 50PSI and install the adapter and valves in place of the quick connect.
Then she can finish watering, remove the hose from the hydrant, connect it's to the air compressor open the valve go to the other end and turn it on and the water will all blow out. That should also work with a hose reel as well. There might be a little bit left, but it should be a small enough amount to not hurt anything and when you run the water through next it should melt it.

Aaron Z

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #24  
The industrial hose that Sam's Club sells is the best we have ever used. It's 120 ft long and we have maybe 8 of them we bought to water the new trees around the house. They are bulletproof and we have never had to replace any in more than 7 years. Zero kinks. They are outside in the summer heat, driven over constantly in a gravel drive and given zero care. None leak and we still have them all. It's kind of a hassle now because we no longer use them but they still block my path in the barn.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #25  
Almost all hoses kink. Unless you get one that weighs sooooo much it takes two men and a boy to drag it. I have switched over to Flexzilla hoses, kink resistant, but NOT kink free. In the winter, I use one of those pocket hoses just to drag out and warsh my Jeep... then quickly stow away. But the Flexzilla are good hoses. [ Amazon amongst others sell those ]

Yes Jerry . . . I have a couple 100' industrial rubber from h@ll hoses, made for a industry that uses chemicals from h@ll ;) they don't kink at all really but they do weigh a TON . . . :thumbdown:

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #26  
Air compressor and blowing lines routine out would be too complicated for wife.

Buying new hoses each time will be cheaper than the divorce

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #27  
I have a couple of the black industrial hoses and they are the permanent solution but weigh a ton. I don't know the brand of mine because they are probably over 10, maybe 20 years old. Those collapsible hoses are really cool but I've had two and both burst within a year. Maybe I should try another for the convenience, but my experience is very negative.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #28  
You also have to remember. Sometimes a little kinky in your life is a good thing. :)

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink #29  
I really want to find some of those red or black large diameter commercial hoses. Gilmore makes a pretty good hose.

I have two. And yes - the BOTH kink. Ignore their sales pitch.

/ Too kinky! Who makes best non-kink
You also have to remember. Sometimes a little kinky in your life is a good thing. :)

...just a little...
...but she'd rather have a rigid hose.

Like the old joke: What's the difference between a little kinky and perverted?
Kinky is using a feather.
...but perverted is using the whole chicken!