Snow Too much snow! Help!

/ Too much snow! Help! #81  
Thought I would share a few photos from our last snowfall. Looks like another storms is hitting tomorrow afternoon, what fun!

Thavil, Nice pics! After doing my drive and 6 others, multiple passes, I was too pooped to take any

Think tomorrow is a "work from home" day. I did my 40 mile commute today, just for the manly adventure of it - wasn't worth it. Tomorrow evening will be worse I suspect....

/ Too much snow! Help! #82  
Hi I'm new here but here is what I put together today, a Bobcat 72 inch blower stuck on the front of my L48. It was not easy I had to work around Bobcat's "black Box". Why a snowblower needs a microprocessor, I don't know. Look here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmcU0Jcn1Ac

Jackwho, it wouldn't let me watch it. Youtube wanted a login.

/ Too much snow! Help! #83  
Well today I drove around for about six hours trying to find some chains for my BX. I swear it's like looking for the fountain of youth. By the time I got home, pooped, gas wasted, but refueled on groceries for the rest of the week, I decided to cut up my Silverado's front axle's chains. After shoveling the driveway with my wife(who did a great job by the way) my back was too far gone to not use the tractor anymore. They are a little loose, but I think they'll work. To get them any tighter would have been very time consuming. Whoever the people are that make chains for a living, my hat's off the them. What a pain in the rear:D. I'll let y'all know how they do, and post some pictures. I can't even look at a shovel anymore without my back aching:D.

/ Too much snow! Help! #84  
"Hope that wasn't the wife's ride."

It was my wife's ride, but she has a much newer VW now. It is now my beater so no harm done :)

To say the least it's your beater..HA! Here is what I see: a hole that can be taped over and the windows not even broke. Not to mention you still have three more doors AND a hatchback! Save the $1000.00 on the car and put it into the tractor.

Scott

/ Too much snow! Help! #85  
I have to agree with Scott. That is some really good advise;).

/ Too much snow! Help! #86  
Thought I would share a few photos from our last snowfall. Looks like another storms is hitting tomorrow afternoon, what fun!

Gotta beat Todd! These storms have cured me of any itch to play in more snow. I took the B for a ride over two days and clocked 12 hours (9-5) one day,4 the next just clearing.

Since the JD's are somewhere else no cab for me.

How are the horse doing? I was thinking about putting ours to work. :)

/ Too much snow! Help! #87  
Well that's your problem, right there. I imagine it would add incalculable hours to your job having to stop, shift, reverse, stop, shift, forward slow, forward fast, stop, shift, reverse, etc...

I clear ~1/2 miles worth of driveway (8 different houses, so add 8 garage areas, 8 street ends, 8 mailboxes, etc.) with my BX each storm. I run turf tires, no chains, and nothing but the FEL.

This snow, we got 16 inches on the ground, but the first 12 inches of snow were reduced to 4 inches by sleet, creating a very hard, heavy, wet, crusty, and otherwise impossible to shovel sandwich of junk. Took me an hour just to shovel the walkway from my driveway to my front door. Thankless work.

All that said, I didn't have much problem dispatching of it with my little BX. The whole thing took maybe 6 hours. But I couldn't fathom doing that with a geared tractor...painful.

And, of course, I'd never miss an opportunity to share pictures of my family...tractor included...

KIS, you have a beautiful family ;)

/ Too much snow! Help! #88  
Injury to Volvo, my bad move and difficult conditions caused about $1,000 damage I figure.

It's easy enough to have that happen. I dug out about 300 feet of a neighbors drive and he has a horse corral fence along one side of it. I couldn't just FEL to load, turn and dump, as that would have swung the back blade into his fencing. So for all 300 feet, I had to FEL load, then backup down down down to where his fence ends and then dump, and then return. So it took about twice as long.

When it came to his parking area, I did some of it far from his vehicles, but then told him I would loan him my tractor for him to do the rest, as I was not comfortable operating around other peoples vehicles. He borrowed my small Kubota the next day and spent about 2 hours doing his parking area. He was very appreciative after working his own space the drive that I had opened up for him.

And he loved operating the Kubota.

/ Too much snow! Help! #89  
Here is a pic of my M7040 whre the brushhog is used as counter weight. Of course a layer of snow helps a bit as well. 3 ft of snow was no match for tractor and plow IMG00067-20100207-0742.jpg

/ Too much snow! Help! #90  
Finally I got a decent snowfall last night. Still nowhere near as much as you guys but that's alright. I get paid the same for moving 5 inches as I would for moving 2 Feet. Here's a Picture of what I do battle with.

Attachments

• CIMG2589.jpg
    CIMG2589.jpg
    545.3 KB · Views: 131
  • CIMG2588.jpg
    CIMG2588.jpg
    649.2 KB · Views: 124