Toro wheel horse.

/ Toro wheel horse. #1  

Cub gt 2544=best

Silver Member
Tractor
2007 Cub Cadet GT 2544
I am getting a toro wheel horse 15-38hxl lawn tractor for a project. It will sometime crank over but others it’s just dead as a door nail. And smokes. is there anything I should know?

/ Toro wheel horse. #2  
I believe this is an attempt to compete with MTD. It is not the older style with the angle iron frame. I had one of these new style Toros and it spent more time in the shop then at my house. Investigate it's valve before you spend much money on it.

/ Toro wheel horse.
I believe this is an attempt to compete with MTD. It is not the older style with the angle iron frame. I had one of these new style Toros and it spent more time in the shop then at my house. Investigate it's valve before you spend much money on it.

Ok good to know but I am getting it for free

/ Toro wheel horse. #5  
That LT was Toro built. Not a bad little ride. Smokes with Briggs OHV, likely a head gasket or possibly the oil has been diluted w/ fuel due to a carb issue. They use little micro safety switches and mostly the little brake switch rusts away and fails if the problem is in the safety line. If you are using the deck, it would be good to know that it is sound and not rotting where the pivot on top the deck fastens.

/ Toro wheel horse. #6  
Interesting that my post with my feeble attempt at humor was deleted.

Can't say that has ever happened before.

/ Toro wheel horse.
It was? If you would like post it again.

/ Toro wheel horse.
Ok