Towing a 12K rated trailer in Pa

/ Towing a 12K rated trailer in Pa #21  
So if you are a guy that is in to tractor pulling and have 2 tractors trailer and a F650 and go to tractor pulls and the whole rig weigh's over the magical 26001lbs in PA and that is were the OP resides you can get get a non commercial A class license and save some money any headaches of a CDL.

Is that rig considered an RV? If it is not I don't see how you figure that a non commercial A will do. Even then tractor pulling is generally considered to be in commerce requiring USDOT number and the whole jive.

/ Towing a 12K rated trailer in Pa #23  
Just stumbled across this post. I know it is old, but I thought I would share what I know on the subject. As for the requirements for a combo registration. When I purchased my 2018 RAM 3500 SRW, I registered it as a weight class 8. I did this because my max GCVWR for my truck is 22,900 pounds and I knew I would be towing a trailer over 10,000 pounds. A weight class 8 is for a combo weight of 21,001 to 26,000 pounds. Currently, my annual registration cost is $559.00 dollars.(Google PA MV-70s for a complete list of weights and fees) I currently tow a 16 foot 12,000 pound dump trailer (de-rated from 14,000 pounds to stay under my GCVWR of 22,900 pounds). I do not require a Class A drivers license because my GCVW is under 26,001 pounds. I also do not require a USDOT number because I use my trailer for personal use. Also, since my trailer's GVWR is over 10,000 pounds it must be inspected by a "Code 3" qualified heavy truck/heavy trailer (10000#+)/bus mechanic annually.

/ Towing a 12K rated trailer in Pa #24  
To reactivate this old thread: I'm from Missouri, how does this apply to a out of state driver?
I have a '94 F-350 diesel with a 9200# GVWR, nothing about a CGVWR although Ford literature says I can tow 14,000#. My plates are for 18,000 non local. Missouri DMV says that I do not need a CDL and that my plates are for actual weight combined weight.