Towing a CUT with a nissan titan

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #1  

bolio

Hey All- I have to tow my LS MT350E to the dealer for a error code, needs to be put on computer at dealer. The dealer is 88 miles away and i plan on towing it- heres the setup- 2020 Nissan Titan Crew Cab with tow package, a 2019 liberty 7 x 18 car hauler with electric brakes (7000 gvwr) and of course the tractor. I took off the loader, so the tractor weighs in at 3724 according to LS, rears are filled at approx 800 for both tires and the trailer comes in at 2100 lbs, chains and binders are around 100 i figure. (6724 total) Nissan states that this truck can pull 9210, so i figure pulling it is fine, but does anyone think i need weight distribution hitch or will the regular hitch be ok. The whole tow is mostly interstate with the last 20 miles country road. Does this setup look ok, to be honest the biggest thing i ever towed was a small car on the trailer so im not very experienced with towing. Any opinions or advise is greatly appreciated.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #2  
You'll be fine, just make sure you have more weight on the tongue than aft, it will ride just fine if your suspension drops 2-3 inches. Tie it down well, adjust the brakes as you go along in the beginning, keep your distance and keep it at or below 65 you'll be fine. Here is my rig that I tow with a 2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 W/T. My tractor is 4600# with loader, trailer is a 10k

trailer at 2400#
192905973_10158123679415983_4487584607410284295_n.jpg

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #3  
Your owner's manual with the legalese should state when WD hitch is needed.

My current and last Ford both required WD hitch towing over 5000lb on the bumper according to Ford. Trucks were rated to tow 10,000 & 11,200 on bumper with WD.

Practically speaking, as long as your tongue weight isn't too light or too heavy you should be able to do it, I personally would.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #4  
Over fourteen years a member and you finally decide to post……welcome to the conversation.

If loaded correctly, I wouldn’t worry about anything.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #5  
I tow that much and a bit more with my Tundra using only the receiver and no WD. I agree I would tow it, just get the tongue weight right.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #7  
You may have to put the loader back on or back the tractor on to get the tongue weight correct.

Look up 4 to 1 scale for measuring tongue weight.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #8  
Range for tongue weight to keep in mind:

Proper Tongue Weight: Why It's So Important To Get It Right

Your Titan receiver itself will be spec'd for a maximum tongue weight. You want it rated for at least 700# for that trailer load.

Your gear is pretty new, but still.... check functionality of all trailer brakes, and adjust shoes if needed before hauling. Trailer tires will need to be @ maximum pressure for that load.

Rgds, D.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #9  
If the trailer is new retorque the wheel lugs every 50-75 miles until they no longer take torque.

/ Towing a CUT with a nissan titan #10  
With 400 hp and 9400# tow rating ! Nissan’s Titan rule lol ! Yes yes I know Ford and Chevy with the bigger motors out tow it . Best truck for the money!

Attachments

• B173DD8E-DA72-480E-9936-198D2D8AA346.jpeg
    B173DD8E-DA72-480E-9936-198D2D8AA346.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72