Tractor accidents, video, large variety

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety #1  

texasjohn

Tractor
Kubota Grand L5030HSTC
Everybody should be able to learn something from watching this video...no safety police comments necessary...consequences obvious in the end, but how some of these catastrophic failures develop is not always obvious in the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5s2NzRzK9A

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety
We need your definition of accident. Do you think that each driver was expecting the outcome .... note that several surely were injured in some way.

Sure, some of the operators were "unwise" in their manner of operating.

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety #4  
Just because someone doesn't foresee the ignorance of their actions doesn't make it an accident. I've done many stupid things that've gotten myself hurt. I don't claim they're accidents, they are mishaps at best and sheer stupidity otherwise...

There were a couple mis-judgments there where the folk probably figured "I've got a 50/50 shot at this working" and it didn't. But the majority of it is silly people doing dumb things.

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety #5  
When the engineering design, specifications and functionality limits of a machine are exceded the results are predictable.....and that is failure of some sort. That is no accident.

A simple example...
The manual for my NH T4.75 states that the steps and hand rails for my tractor are designed for the driver to enter and exit the cab facing the cab. I climb up into the cab going up the steps and grabbing the hand rails facing the cab because it feels natural, but exit the cab walking down the steps facing away from the cab thought the manual states not to do it this way. If I trip and fall getting out of the cab facing outwards, break a leg or worse, I certainly cannot call it a accident. I am willfully not using the steps and hand rails as designed and a fall for me would be a bad event but certainly not accidental.

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety #6  
Have seen that one before. I've always wondered if that guy who drove the tractor through the ice ever made it out alive??

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety #7  
That last one wasn't an accident. It was inevitable.

/ Tractor accidents, video, large variety #8  
Wonder how many of them where drunk? A lot of them look like they where trying to get hurt

Eddie