Tractor and girls help garden

/ Tractor and girls help garden #1  

Mousefield

Elite Member
Qualicum Beach on Vancouver Island, BC. Canada
Tractor
Sold 2008 CK35 HST
After 10 years the garden in front of our house was getting a bit shabby. :( Some of the plants getting old and lots of crab grass had invaded it. So the wife asked my to help her garden with my tractor and dig it all out. Then we had help from a bunch of our brown girls as well. May put the old garden area in grass as there is just to much to do in the time available. :laughing:

Attachments

• DitchFGarden 008.jpg
    DitchFGarden 008.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 1,239
  • DitchFGarden 009.jpg
    DitchFGarden 009.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 506
  • DitchFGarden 012.jpg
    DitchFGarden 012.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 308
   / Tractor and girls help garden #2  
Fresh dirt..now who doesn't like fresh dirt. :)

/ Tractor and girls help garden #3  
You may have uncovered a treasure of larvae and grubs. I'm cheering the hens on :)
Dave.

/ Tractor and girls help garden #4  
Mouse,
After diging the ditch for your neighbor, I'm certain you begged her for the opportunity to dig up the garden.... :laughing: Best regards!

/ Tractor and girls help garden #5  
I had just flatened out one of our garden areas a couple days ago when some of our girls (and a guy) decided the area needed some fertilizer. Very helpful!

Attachments

• DSCN0573.jpg
    DSCN0573.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 304
   / Tractor and girls help garden #6  
Nice! I love the look of chickens on the loose.

Deputy11, is that a Phoenix rooster I see there?

/ Tractor and girls help garden #7  
They are the wife and daughter's birds and I'm not that much up on breeds. She keeps only pure breds and I believe that is a Dorking. She also has Barnvelders but I don't think that's what he is. Wife's not home so if I'm wrong I'll correct this later. I like having them around, sure add color here and there.

/ Tractor and girls help garden #8  
Good story! It reminds me how much my cats love garden season or any time I do digging around the yard I spose some extra fertilizer is always appreciated! :)

Steve

/ Tractor and girls help garden #9  
Yup, them red girlz is helpful birds. Ours "helped" last year the day AFTER the garden had been neatly seeded in tidy rows with labels and everything. Ha! See if we do that again. Wretched chooks. This year we put out plants that had been started in flats so now if (when) the chooks get in the garden they won't scratch up the rows all to flinders. Still, they do fertilize well!