Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser?

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #1  

Jasonc87

Bronze Member
Tractor
IH 240 Utility
My old tractor needs a little love, what's everyone's favorite degreaser? I would like to find it in like a gallon jug that I can use in the pump up hand sprayer.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #2  
Johnnie Walker Blue.
Anything else is just amateur.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #3  
Simple green works fairly well for an environmentally safe, biodegradeable product. Otherwise some kind of solvent (I think gunk engine cleaner is one).

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #4  
Gunmonkey -

I thought I had expensive tastes (Jack Daniels Old #7). At the price for JWBlue, it should come with Playboy Playmate of the Month just to pour shots for you, of course!!

If your looking for non-water cleaner try Pledge, elbow grease & lots of rags. I also use Pledge as wax after the tractor is washed.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #5  
Be careful with some cleaners. JD aluminum reacts strangely to some cleaners and sheds paint. I use a mixture of joy and 409 for final clean after spraying heavy greased or oily areas with degreaser. Don't let the EPA hear this but kerosene is a very good cleaner for areas that are coated with a heavy grease coat.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #6  
favorite is simple green.. harder to find here.. so purple stuff is next.

it actually cleans BETTER than simple green.. however.. it CAN damage paint if left on too long.. souse according to lable.. and as laundry stuff says.. test in a inconspicous spot. :)

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #7  
My wife has started using a mix of blue Dawn dishsoap and white vinegar. Some recipes say to heat vinegar before combining equal parts.

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #8  
My Favorite is Simple Green

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #9  
What?...I thought the whole idea was to get 'em dirty! :confused3: :laughing:

/ Tractor cleaning... Whats your favorite degreaser? #10  
Soundguy said:
favorite is simple green.. harder to find here.. so purple stuff is next.

it actually cleans BETTER than simple green.. however.. it CAN damage paint if left on too long.. souse according to lable.. and as laundry stuff says.. test in a inconspicous spot. :)

Ditto. I have gotten the same results.