Tractor Manual

/ Tractor Manual #1  

Anonymous Poster

I have heard that people order manuals for their tractor. Do these go into further detail about how to work on things? What all do they include? What is a general price for one?

Thanks

/ Tractor Manual #2  
I ordered the Kubota Factory Service Manual (FSM) for my new L3130 HST. The manuals are comprehensive and cover most everything you would need to service or repair the units. The manual ran $99 at the dealer. I also purchased the Electrical Manual at $35 - don't bother with it, it's not worth it.

/ Tractor Manual #3  
I have been wanting one for some time. I even hit Bird up to sell me his when he sold his tractor, but the manual went with the tractor. I've been reluctant to spend the $100.00 for one and sometimes they are on back order for many months. I watched e-bay and picked one up for $20.00. It should be here Monday.

/ Tractor Manual #4  
The shop manual goes into a lot of detail. It shows how the test and repair major and minor components and assemblies. I have the complete manual set. The complete set includes the shop manual, parts manual, and engine manual. I also have the loader and back hoe parts manuals for the TLB that I have now. I received most of my manuals yesterday for my new tractor, loader and back hoe that is still at the dealer.

I would assume that the Kubota manuals are the about the same as my Massey Fergusons.

/ Tractor Manual #6  
Do these go into further detail about how to work on things?
Thanks

Most WSM Ive used give you the sequence of steps and important stuff needed to know like exploded diagrams, some photos, schematics, troubleshooting charts, torque values, special tools, clearances, voltage/ohms and assume you have mechanical skills and tools to do the job. Example:

Shaft Assemblies
1. Take out the spiral bevel pinion shaft assembly (4) with shift fork
(6), range gear shaft assembly (5) and PTO drive shaft assembly
(3).
2. Remove the front wheel drive shaft (2).

Dont expect spoon feeding. Not all manufacturers provide the same amounts of detail.

/ Tractor Manual #7  
The quantity and quality of information in a manual would be determined by what the manual is for and when it was made. Workshop manuals for newer tractors imported through regular dealers are generally quite good. Workshop manuals for grey market tractors can be hit or miss and possibly hard to come by in English.

/ Tractor Manual #10  
This might be a record! Responding to a 16+ year old post.

It will interesting to see if the OP still needs the manual. :D

Nope, probably in a retirement home playing BINGO, that or pushing up daisy's.

On the other hand proves the TBN archives are well maintained.

In my case I am sure glad I purchased a complete set for my MT180D as soon as I took delivery.
Sure bailed me out a few times.