Oil & Fuel Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #92  
Bicycles on public roads should be banned. They pay nothing and think they羆*e entitled to riding in the middle of the road at 10 mph.

846377220.jpg

Debunking the Myth That Because of the Gas Tax, Only Drivers Pay for Roads - CityLab

Electric vehicles don't pay fuel taxes, but some states charge flat annual fees for those vehicles.

Steve

Last edited:
   / Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #93  
Most bike riders pay tax and license on their car and fuel, that they aren't using when you see them riding.

:)

Bruce

Not in the big city out here. They often live in apartments and only have bicycles and use mass transit. They do not pay licensing fees, fuel tax or property tax. Moochers. Nothing wrong with bicycles and mass transit but that not give them the right to demand to take over vehicle lanes paid for by fuel taxes and licenses.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #94  
   / Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #95  
Not in the big city out here. They often live in apartments and only have bicycles and use mass transit. They do not pay licensing fees, fuel tax or property tax. Moochers. Nothing wrong with bicycles and mass transit but that not give them the right to demand to take over vehicle lanes paid for by fuel taxes and licenses.

What if they pay income and sales taxes? They are helping to pay for roads.

In Washington in FY2014, only 54.2% of state and local road spending was covered by tolls, user fees, and user taxes.

RoadSpending-01.png

How Are Your State’s Roads Funded? - Tax Foundation

Steve

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #96  
Utter nonsense. I pay loads of taxes on every gallon of fuel, bicyclists pay nothing. If the government diverts it that doesn稚 mean I do not pay it. Bicyclists are moochers, plain and simple. What fees and taxes do they pay?

Presumably they are paying income and sales taxes. User revenues don't cover all road costs. They are subsidizing your use.

Steve

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #97  
Presumably they are paying income and sales taxes. User revenues don't cover all road costs. They are subsidizing your use.

Steve
We don’t have state income taxes so bicyclists pay nothing there. We pay some of the highest fuel taxes in the country and the state taxes electric vehicles to offset for fuel they don’t use. Bicyclists? Nothing. They are moochers that should start paying their way.
208B8D22-2BBB-4317-94D5-FC77D601F4EA.png7DF81E59-9F4F-4AD4-9BB3-8D6C30DDA986.png

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #98  
We don’t have state income taxes so bicyclists pay nothing there. We pay some of the highest fuel taxes in the country and the state taxes electric vehicles to offset for fuel they don’t use. Bicyclists? Nothing. They are moochers that should start paying their way.
View attachment 557051View attachment 557052

I don't know about the tax structure in Washington. In Washington in FY2014, only 54.2% of state and local road spending was covered by tolls, user fees, and user taxes. So, how was the other 45.8% funded?

Steve

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #99  
I don't know about the tax structure in Washington. In Washington in FY2014, only 54.2% of state and local road spending was covered by tolls, user fees, and user taxes. So, how was the other 45.8% funded?

Steve

I am not going to continue to go back and forth on this. If a group of people find a way to pay a nominal portion of taxes going towards roads, ignore traffic laws causing accidents and then demand that lanes be converted from vehicles to bikes, they are moochers. Please let the thread get back to dyed fuel.

/ Tractor Use of Red Dyed Fuel on Public Roads #100  

Steve

Do the car drivers not pay all the other same taxes as the bicycles?